Rattlesnake 1/48 - Harold M Hahn

JIG.
I have changed a bit on the bracing plate at the bottom, the reference lines on the pattern for the frames would crash with the plate below, therefore the hole was widened by about 1 cm.
I have also made angles / supports for bows and stern.
b JIGG (1).jpgb JIGG (2).jpgb JIGG (3).jpgb JIGG (4).jpgb JIGG (5).jpgf (1).jpgf (2).jpg

Greeting-
</s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s>

Hello Knut, Happy Belated Birthday, I am very sorry about that is for sure. I have just not been myself ever since I came down with the Shingles that still haunts me, but it is slowly improving. I do hope you had a great day and that you received all the new toys you had hopped for and just maybe a few more. I hope you got the biggest piece of cake.
It is nice to see your ship starting to come together, up until now there has been so much work and very little to show for, but from now things will pick up. I went trough the same thing with my Oliver Cromwell.
Regards Lawrence

@ Kano21, thank you for your interest, I have rebuilt the jig a bit, made 90% angles for bow and stern, all frames minus 1 heel and 5-6 half that went wrong.
First I will make the keel and bow, after that I will start by setting up frames and keel in the construction jig.
I have had a lot of other work to do lately, so little modeling and posts in this thread.
BDW, hope your problem with shingles goes better, Regards-

Very nice work Knut. The framing looks real good. I also have the Hanh plans in different scales for the Rattlesnake. It is nice when your explaining what you are going thru when comparing it to the plans. That helps a lot for me. if i decide to build this boat.

Have Fun!

@teleman, nice that you follow my thread, many parts are already prefabricated but need some tweaking before the assembly starts.
I wish I had the plans on a larger scale than 1-48, but it will be the next project that is not completely decided yet.

KNUT,
A few years back I bought the plans on ebay. With an upgraded wood kit for the kit at 1/48. But it came with 3 different scale plans for the Rattlesnake. I have to get them but off the top of my head it was 1/48 n 1/32 scale plans for the Rattlesnake. I can't remember the 3rd. Got everything for 50.00 bucks american. The plans were also POB n POF. I just purchased a Rattlesnake kit a week ago brand new for 50.00 dollars also. So I am well on my way to getting set up. Just still considering if I will build it. The upgraded wood package did not come from Dave Stevens or Jeff from Hobbymill. It was a package of milled wood from Lloyd Warner a gentleman who put out very nice wood packages I think even before Jeff opened Hobbymill. It came with a parts list and everything is there. I bought it i think around the year 2012 and have it stored properly and the wood still looks and fells good.

Are you planning to build from the drawings/scrath, or a Rattlesnake set, and what is the name of the kit manufacturer.

1/48 and 1/32 scale plans for the rattlesnake you are talking about, is this plans by Harold M Hahn from, Navy Board Models, just wondering.

Baug.
Procedure, -
baug (1).jpgbaug (2).jpgbaug (3).jpgbaug (4).jpgbaug (5).jpgbaug (6).jpgbaug (7).jpg

Result, from 6mm to 5mm at the rear of the bow element, this should be adjusted even more when the entire keel is mounted,
the keel should be 4mm at the very front and at the very back.
So far, I'm reasonably happy.
Regards

Result, from 6mm to 5mm at the rear of the bow element, this should be adjusted even more when the entire keel is mounted,
the keel should be 4mm at the very front and at the very back.
So far, I'm reasonably happy.
I am happy for you as well, my friend. Good job on Stem and Stern. Thumbsup The show must go ON!!!

Hello Knut, It is nice to see that you are back in your Old Ship Yard with your Rattlesnake, Nice work. I am finally getting over my bout with these very painful Shingles, still tire out very easily but getting better by the day.
How do you like that new Led Magnifier Lamp? I have been thinking of retiring my old florescent magnifier that I acquired well used from my work many years ago.
Starting to feel a bit better these days and starting to look around the SOS Form a bit more. I got a Y-Q -Bluenose from my Admiral Bernadette for Christmas that looks like a lot of fun, but she will have to wait until my Oliver Cromwell is completed due to lack of space in my Old Ship Yard.
Regards Lawrence

Thanks for the last Lawrence, the LED lamp is excellent compared to the old fluorescent lamp I have on my second work table, it is very easy to move and weighs little, it also withstands a little tough treatment, I have already used it three places already. nice to hear that your shingles has started to give way, the construction of Rattlesnake has been going on a bit in secret due to many mistakes I have had to clean up. I will soon come up with more posts with explanations and many pictures, Regards Knut-

Back