Re: Royal William 1/48 scale

487.jpg
A view through the aft gallery windows, I've been having a clean up and a bit of a dust
off of the Royal William, I've got to get back and do a bit more on her, so I vacuumed
her out and got rid of the bits and pieces left over from installing the beams,

488.jpg
View of how she is at the moment,

489.jpg
and the figure head,

View attachment 113170
Some pics of the cannon mounted on the carriages,

View attachment 113171

View attachment 113172
and the cannon that will go on the two upper decks,

View attachment 113173
and after triming the axles to size and painting,

View attachment 113174
these are for the second deck down,

Hello John, after you installed the lower deck in your gun carriages may I ask how you fastened thin to the ships decks, a couple of nails or a small wood screw or did you glue thin in place?
Regards Lawrence

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello John, after you installed the lower deck in your gun carriages may I ask how you fastened thin to the ships decks, a couple of nails or a small wood screw or did you glue thin in place?
Regards Lawrence
@neptune ,
I just edited Lawrence last post, the question to you was not visible before....

Regards Lawrence

G'day Lawrence, on the lower deck I glued them in place and also put a long pin down through the sides of the carriage, see pic below,

168.jpg
you can see the pin between the X,s, on the upper deck I will probably glue a small block of wood
under the carriage to fix it with glue to the deck,

best regards John,

Last edited:
G'day Lawrence, on the lower deck I glued them in place and also put a long pin down through the sides of the carriage, see pic below,

View attachment 130438
you can see the pin between the X,s, on the upper deck I will probably glue a small block of wood
under the carriage to fix it with glue to the deck,

best regards John,
Hello John, Thanks for your great ideas, they are very helpful. Now I can start the task of building 24 gun carriages.
Regards Lawrence

490.jpg
Thought that I would do a little bit more on the RW just for a change, this is how she is at the moment,

491.jpg
just trying to finish the starboard side fancy work, one piece to go to finish the top,

492.jpg
last piece attached,

493.jpg
thats the after portion of the fancy work or the gingerbread as it is called,

494.jpg
Thats the port side after scrolls attached,

495.jpg
I've moved back up to the head rails, this shows the after most two rail supports just held
in position with a small amount of CA just enough to hold them while I work out the shape
of the other supports,

496.jpg
close up view,

497.jpg
a piece of cardboard cut to shape as i work out the final shape, there will be one more support to go in front of
this one,

498.jpg
and a couple of views of how she is at the moment,

499.jpg

thank you for looking in,

best regards John,

500.jpg
making the cardboard pattern for the last support,

501.jpg
all three supports just sitting in place, next thing is to trim and sand down the front edges of the supports so
the head rails will sit flush with each support,

502.jpg
I had to keep removing each support and trim and sand a little at a time, so I used dowels to keep them in place,

503.jpg
general view, everything seems to be working out OK,

504.jpg
and two of the port side supports in the process of being trimmed to fit,

Back