Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

I am just curious - I am not sure, if the seamen used deadeyes to fix a boat on the deck - is it not "too much" for "only a boat".
But maybe - I am not a professional sailor......
Definitely it is looking very good

I agree with Uwe, I think it was in James Harland I read about this. He was talking about the boat that was lashed to the deck, the meaning of that is that there was use of a loop lashing to secure the boat. No blocks needed. Only rope and rings on deck. An example for such a lash you can find in the book of knots from Ashley. Like knot number 1514. But like Uwe also mentioned, we are no sailers and we can be wrong.

I am just curious - I am not sure, if the seamen used deadeyes to fix a boat on the deck - is it not "too much" for "only a boat".
But maybe - I am not a professional sailor......
Definitely it is looking very good
I agree with Uwe, I think it was in James Harland I read about this. He was talking about the boat that was lashed to the deck, the meaning of that is that there was use of a loop lashing to secure the boat. No blocks needed. Only rope and rings on deck. An example for such a lash you can find in the book of knots from Ashley. Like knot number 1514. But like Uwe also mentioned, we are no sailers and we can be wrong.
Hello guys. I have been looking for a boat mooring from that era for a long time. I didn't want to use a more modern solution. I found this binding in the book Prins Willem by Herman Ketting.

kniha.JPG

boot.jpg

I'll admit it, it doesn't suit me at all. Fortunately, all you have to do is "cut" and replace...Sleep
The triangle deadeyes took a lot of work, but I'll keep them in stock, I made more..:oops:

You're absolutely right in this one. Lashed to the deck could also mean with a block. New to me. And indeed Herman Ketting gave a discription how it was done.
20240219_190955.jpg
Secured a boat to the beams between the grating hatches and lashed with dead-eyes and rings to the shear poles.

Good research of you, and we learned something. :)

Better picture from Ketting
20240219_190934.jpg

Sweet build!
Thank you very much The learner. Thank you for the like..:)

I'm continuing with the rotating chamber cannons on the railing, luckily there will only be four.
I found the current cannon in a book by Ab Hoving: Het Schip Van Wilem Barents and painted it.

výroba otočných děl (1).JPG

Then the turning began. It is very small against already created cannons.

výroba otočných děl (2).JPG

Created pockets for exchange chambers..

výroba otočných děl (3).JPG

Of course, you need to start making a larger number, they slowly decrease during the work..o_O

výroba otočných děl (4).JPG

výroba otočných děl (5).JPG

Added chambers..

výroba otočných děl (6).JPG

výroba otočných děl (7).JPG

Result OK..Explosion

výroba otočných děl (8).JPG

výroba otočných děl (9).JPG

Now the fun is starting - beautiful details on the gunnery
Congratulations for reaching this important step with the finished hull and deck
I am a big fan of your work :cool:
This is simply spectacular metalworks Ondras!
So much craftmenship to see here.
Witaj
Praca na najwyższym poziomie. Pozdrawiam Mirek
Thank you very much friends, I am trying my best..:D

Finally the main lower parts of the masts..Explosion

plán vrcholu stěžňů.JPG

dosoustružení vrcholů.JPG

Temporary direction signs created for exact machining directions..

dočasné směrovky.JPG

The tops are machined and holes drilled for the location of the lower tie-down points..

frézování vrcholů.JPG

vrtání spodních úvazů.JPG

Finished lower parts of the masts..

hotové vrcholy.JPG

výroba půlkruhu pro vedení lan.JPG
(Manual dividing device)

hotové spodní stěžně (1).JPG

Done..

hotové spodní stěžně (2).JPG

hotové spodní stěžně (3).JPG

Now tops and topmasts..Explosion

Back