Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

Hello . I have been following your work on Roter-Löwe for a long time, I like that you show how to make a given element. I keep my fingers crossed and greetings.Thumbs-Up

PS. He travels very often in the Czech mountains, most often in the Giant Mountains, and a few days ago I was with my wife in Czech Switzerland. The Czech Republic is a beautiful country.:)

Hello . I have been following your work on Roter-Löwe for a long time, I like that you show how to make a given element. I keep my fingers crossed and greetings.Thumbs-Up

PS. He travels very often in the Czech mountains, most often in the Giant Mountains, and a few days ago I was with my wife in Czech Switzerland. The Czech Republic is a beautiful country.:)

Greetings DALI. I live in Bohemian Switzerland, in Krásná Lípa. We could talk about the ships in person ..Thumbsup

Hi Ondras
I'm not sure I'll find the right words to describe the enjoyment and learning experience from your amazing blog.
I completely agree with the Compliments of our friends, indeed unique quality and professionalism.
I will continue to follow with great anticipation.
With great appreciation and respect :) Ship-1 shota70

This is one good thing about the SoS forums, learning who is living close to you and getting to share and visit when you can!

I have visited one other member so far, and have other within a few hours drive to maybe visit one day soon, when Covid is gone!

Thank you very much Uwek, shota70 and Heinrich. I try to be hard on myself ..
:default_wallbash:

I started making vertical beams that protect the side when launching boats. Base milled, but precise grooves created by the files ..

malování kapes.JPG

frézování kapes.JPG

základy trámků (3).JPG

základy trámků (1).JPG

Installation of klinkbout on the sides..

černění svorníků (2).JPG

instalace svorníků. (1).JPG

hotové svorníky na bocích (2).JPG

hotové svorníky na bocích (3).JPG

hotové svorníky na bocích (5).JPG

hotové svorníky na bocích (4).JPG

This is absolutely magnificent and the more work that gets done, the "cleaner" the ship looks. This is the true sign of an artist - to add more things without making it look cluttered. However - and now I am just thinking aloud without any reflection on Ondras's superb work - are we not missing the point when we (myself included) strive to achieve a level of perfection that the real ships never had. In the case of real-life Dutch ship construction, it was very much a hotchpot of things thrown together - a case of build with what you have ... Just wondering ...

Again Ondras - your work is that of a master!

Back