Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

And now we have to wait to see what the green looks like!!!! In English the word "anxious" describes best how I feel while awaiting the outcome. The Dutch has a much better word - the term is "benieuwd" or "benoud" in Afrikaans. However, i DO know the final outcome will be mind-blowing my friend!Okay

And now we have to wait to see what the green looks like!!!! In English the word "anxious" describes best how I feel while awaiting the outcome. The Dutch has a much better word - the term is "benieuwd" or "benoud" in Afrikaans. However, i DO know the final outcome will be mind-blowing my friend!Okay
the outcome may be "lagom" Swedish for something like "just right" as in the perfect point of pasta. Rich (PT-2)

so much work with this taping and painting in steps - I know why I like it most, only to oil my timber and no paint - Very good work my friend

For Rich - My skills are just emerging ..

For Heinrich - I would rather compare my work to labor pains ..

For Uwek - I am already planning another model from different wood, I have to endure this work now ..

Last edited:
The dyeing is already finished after two months, the retouches have stretched a bit. Red sprayed somewhere again. I damaged the acrylic paint with alcohol.. o_O

dostříkání vyškrábaného pásku (2).JPG

dostříkání vyškrábaného pásku (4).JPG

poškození lihem.. (1).JPG

poškození lihem.. (3).JPG

nové nastříkání po lihu...JPG

Spraying with matt clear lacquer is also not without problems, semi-gloss paints do not want to matte. I'm studying how to do it..Sleep

lakování hotové barvy (1).JPG

lakování hotové barvy (4).JPG

lakování hotové barvy (5).JPG

lakování hotové barvy (2).JPG

lakování hotové barvy (6).JPG

That is starting to look up Ondras. I can't wait for the masking to come off so that one can see the overall effect.

Thank you very much Heinrich, Sulaire and Rich!!;)

Czech modeler Doris Obručová advised me to use an external matt spray topcoat. I tried matt Vallejo varnish ..

vrchní lak Vallejo. (1).JPG

Tests outside the ship have shown the best way to pour a horizontal layer of paint ... Bingo

vrchní lak Vallejo. (2).JPG

Then dry with a hair dryer and .. the surface is matte! Ship finally unpacked..Explosion

rozbalování lodi...JPG

I will not edit any more..Bottle

hotové barvení lodi. (1).JPG

hotové barvení lodi. (2).JPG

hotové barvení lodi. (6).JPG

hotové barvení lodi. (4).JPG

hotové barvení lodi. (7).JPG

hotové barvení lodi. (9).JPG

Breathtaking Ondras! I am SO relieved that it turned out so magnificently! Please have a glass of champagne on me!

I appreciate your words Jan, Rich, Heinrich and Chris. O.
:imNotWorthy:

Thus covered the railings of the main deck and stretched from it wales. Railings and rails glued with long pins..

zábradlí hl.paluby s wales (1).JPG

zábradlí hl.paluby s wales (3).JPG

zábradlí hl.paluby s wales (5).JPG

zábradlí hl.paluby s wales (8).JPG

zábradlí hl.paluby s wales (9).JPG

zábradlí hl.paluby s wales (12).JPG

zábradlí hl.paluby s wales (16).JPG

Wow, I just jumped into this log. Great work so far. Lovely painting :) .
I learned a few things that I wil keep in my building. Thanks.
I will keep follow

Very good work my friend - it is how we know it from you - extremely accurate and precise .....
May I ask how long you keep such timber of the rails in water before you bend them with the hot iron?

I have one question and maybe it is only visible because of the macro. Are there some bolts missing in the wales?
uštíplý kus barvy.JPG

Back