Santisima Trinidad [COMPLETED BUILD]

.I’m sure that I speak for many on this forum. I think that this is an interesting, different and an excellent build, it is one of the better logs posted. You Are being very picky, I’m sure that Shelk is showing it as he wants to, if you really want more perfection then show how it should be done in a build log.
Do you have to show something?There is a lot of literature,there are many other sites dedicated to modeling.You don't need to justify your mistakes with words-This is my model,I see it that way.You need to strive for perfection, learn from other masters.With such sails as models, the ship will not sail.The wind will pass through between the panels.About my models, go to the YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh7lhNYby46y6En5oQ8tldA?view_as=subscriber

Last edited:
Do you have to show something?There is a lot of literature,there are many other sites dedicated to modeling.You don't need to justify your mistakes with words-This is my model,I see it that way.You need to strive for perfection, learn from other masters.About my models, go to the YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh7lhNYby46y6En5oQ8tldA?view_as=subscriber
Hi, This forum would be oh so boring and uninteresting if only master builders like you posted their perfect models using perfect techniques rather than average builders enjoying showing their efforts for others to see how they progressed. I would rather see a broad spectrum of this hobby, not just just the best, and would never dream of criticising others for doing their best, I think that is what this forum is all about,

Well, admit that the model is still being built.You can still make it better at this stage.If a person showed a ready-made model, there would be no questions.

Do you have to show something?There is a lot of literature,there are many other sites dedicated to modeling.You don't need to justify your mistakes with words-This is my model,I see it that way.You need to strive for perfection, learn from other masters.With such sails as models, the ship will not sail.The wind will pass through between the panels.About my models, go to the YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh7lhNYby46y6En5oQ8tldA?view_as=subscriber
Who said you NEED to strive for perfection????? Maybe you should, maybe you want, maybe not? Who said you need to? We are building our models the way we want them to be built!! This is just our hobby, Mr.Deep.

If you know who V. I. Lenin is.So he said-learn, learn, and learn again!A person must improve himself.this is typical of him.Otherwise, there would be no progress in the world.

If you know who V. I. Lenin is.So he said-learn, learn, and learn again!A person must improve himself.this is typical of him.Otherwise, there would be no progress in the world.
Is the world progressing to be a better place to live in, perhaps not. Lenin is not my roll model, I much prefer Bob Dylan.

Last edited:
Is the world progressing to be a better place to live in, perhaps not. Lenin is not my roll model.
Pessimism is a bad quality.then just pictures with sails on Santissima Trinidad.

korabl-Santisima-Trinidad.jpg

Navio-ST.jpg

140-gun_ship_of_the_line_santisima_trinidad.jpg

1554179339_e-news.su_santisima-trinidad-1769.jpg

bgfgbfgb.jpg

Infante-Don-Pelayo-to-rescue-of-Santissima-Trinidad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know who Lenin is very much, and also know how much harm he did for Russia while the Revolution in 1917. But that's a topic for a different discussion, perhaps a different forum as the whole. If you have a suggestion for improvement, you better say 'may I suggest' rather than 'you need'. I hope you will feel the difference between suggestion versus obligation. We all have different abilities and skills, please be respectful by all means. ;)

Shelk, Just an incredible job on this build and weathering. The log and videos are great, appreciate them very much. As a builder of car, aircraft, and ship models your weathering tips are invaluable.

Thanks!

Shelk, Just an incredible job on this build and weathering. The log and videos are great, appreciate them very much. As a builder of car, aircraft, and ship models your weathering tips are invaluable.

Thanks!
Yep 100% You know because I said it before not a fan of the derelict look but in admiration for the work involve and learn many trick for weathering also just by following your build.

Building model is first for ourselves not for the other I am a very average modeller and I know it. Second yes their always place for improvement but you have all level of modeller and I know I will learn from every one of them. Third and last what ever you build a plane, a tank, a plastic or a wood ship the first thing is we build them for ourselves and if you decide to build it in any way it is YOUR build period.

My 5 cent

Back