Skonnert Bluenose POF

I’d be curious to know what kind of paints you guys use?

Hull nearing completion.
Pondering to make the rope ladders and dead eyes separate and then attach.
Had some long eyebolts, and put them through the mast and formed the opposite eye after. Fewer holes.
I like the hull open on both sides. ( 6 tiers of planking )
CA for the nameplates and scroll wicked nicely.
Might still improve on the anchor winch.

9B6BAE9E-CC84-4E85-A172-40DFFEE349C6.jpeg8BE048AF-E855-4512-ADF3-7478923D1E6C.jpeg
86BFF231-2C9E-46C9-AE01-DE25EFC7430D.jpeg

Hull nearing completion.
Had some long eyebolts, and put them through the mast and formed the opposite eye after. Fewer holes.

View attachment 246305View attachment 246306
View attachment 246308
She looks very nice with the contrast and complimentary colors. Each one of the YQ builds presents a different view and pleasure to see recognizing the differences in how each has its own tack. Rich (PT-2)

She looks very nice with the contrast and complimentary colors. Each one of the YQ builds presents a different view and pleasure to see recognizing the differences in how each has its own tack. Rich (PT-2)
Indeed, she looks great and nicely made! I am glad, Rich, you made the point about the different views for the builders on the same kit! This is what makes this hobby exciting, IMHO.

Hull nearing completion.

View attachment 246308
She’s looking very nice Finn! I really like the rudder, simulating multiple boards. You are doing really clean work, and your attention to detail is great! Keep it up!
I agree with Rich, each ship being different is a nice touch by each individual. Who wants to see the same thing over and over…lol.
I found determining the length and of the shroud lines is better done with the mast on the ship, so you can use a spacer between the upper and lower deadeyes for consistency. But I have seen it done both ways. So it comes down to what you are comfortable with. ;)

Hull nearing completion.

View attachment 246308
What can I ad to the reply’s above? You have made a great progress with your build! On the deck and around the hull.
Regards, Peter

Beautiful play with colors and I agree with Dean that the "planked" rudder looks most realistic!

I am Finn Brudevold, 74 years old and living in Rhode Island, USA.
(Originally from Norway)
Near Newport, of Americas Cup fame. Herreshof Cup museum down the road.
Long since retired from engineering and about to build my first ship model.
Received my YQ BN a week ago.
Did inventory and started familiarize myself with the kit and the SOS translations.
So far all good. Love CAD design accuracy and drawings.
Hallo @Finn
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back