Soixantième Bluenose !

Your foredeck looks as good as your quarterdeck, with the waterways installed as well.
Your very close to remove her from her constraints and ready her for the next part of your build.

Et, aussi a vous; un joyeux Noël et une heureuse nouvelle année.

Bonjour à tous !
Le temps passe vite mais la construction va lentement !
Une étape pas facile vient de se terminer je vous laisse découvrir
J'en profite pour vous souhaitez de très bonnes fêtes de fin d'années !
Profitez et gâter vous !
Bien à vous, Dom

View attachment 415008

View attachment 415009
Hello Dom, your model is looking very well. Your about to start a new phase here once you remove the jig and I'll bet your excited and looking forward to it.

Merry Christmas to you and your family my friend.

Bonjour à tous !
Le temps passe vite mais la construction va lentement !
Une étape pas facile vient de se terminer je vous laisse découvrir
J'en profite pour vous souhaitez de très bonnes fêtes de fin d'années !
Profitez et gâter vous !
Bien à vous, Dom

Hello everyone !
Time flies but construction goes slowly!
A not easy stage has just ended, I'll let you discover
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy holiday season!
Enjoy and spoil yourself!
Yours, Dom

View attachment 415008

View attachment 415009
Nice work, Dom. And a nice picture with the frame-shadows!
For you and your beloved also a Merry Christmas.
Regards, Peter

Bonjour à tous,
Je vous souhaite une très bonne année et surtout un monde apaisé pour 2024 !
Je vous partage ma méthode pour border mon nez bleu ! Bien sûr je me suis inspiré du forum car c'est la première fois que je réalise un bordage sans clou.
La méthode avec les élastiques est simple et permet d'appliquer la bonne pression au bon endroit.
Je vous souhaite plein de belles constructions pour 2024 !
Bien à Vous, Dom

Hello everyone,
I wish you a very happy new year and above all a peaceful world for 2024!
I share with you my method to border my blue nose! Of course I took inspiration from the forum because it's the first time I've done planking without nails.
The rubber band method is simple and allows you to apply the right pressure in the right place.
I wish you lots of beautiful constructions for 2024!
Yours, Dom

2024_0108_09242800-01.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all
I wish you a very happy new year and above all a peaceful world for 2024!
I'll share with you my method for edging my blue nose! Of course, I was inspired by the forum because it's the first time I've done a nailless planking.
The method with the elastics is simple and allows you to apply the right pressure in the right place.
I wish you lots of beautiful constructions for 2024!
Yours sincerely, Dom

View attachment 419626
Hello Dom. Very clever method, I love it.

Bonjour à tous,
Je vous souhaite une très bonne année et surtout un monde apaisé pour 2024 !
Je vous partage ma méthode pour border mon nez bleu ! Bien sûr je me suis inspiré du forum car c'est la première fois que je réalise un bordage sans clou.
La méthode avec les élastiques est simple et permet d'appliquer la bonne pression au bon endroit.
Je vous souhaite plein de belles constructions pour 2024 !
Bien à Vous, Dom

View attachment 419626
Indeed, a clever approach. And with a nice result, Dom.
Regards, Peter

Bonjour à tous,
Merci pour vos retours ! C'est très encourageant.
Voici maintenant la fin du bordage de la coque. Je l'ai poncé au papier de verre 220 et je finis à la laine d'acier, le poirier devient ainsi très lisse et naturellement brillant. Du bois noble !
Bien à Vous, Dom

Hello everyone,
Thank you for your feedback! It is most encouraging.
Here is now the end of the hull plating. I sanded it with 220 sandpaper and finished with steel wool, the pear wood thus becomes very smooth and naturally shiny. Noble wood!
Best regards, Dom

2024_0111_12021000-01.jpeg

2024_0111_11563600-01.jpeg

Bonjour à tous,
Merci pour vos retours ! C'est très encourageant.
Voici maintenant la fin du bordage de la coque. Je l'ai poncé au papier de verre 220 et je finis à la laine d'acier, le poirier devient ainsi très lisse et naturellement brillant. Du bois noble !
Bien à Vous, Dom

Hello everyone,
Thank you for your feedback! It is most encouraging.
Here is now the end of the hull plating. I sanded it with 220 sandpaper and finished with steel wool, the pear wood thus becomes very smooth and naturally shiny. Noble wood!
Best regards, Dom

View attachment 420483

View attachment 420484
The planking looks very smooth, Dom. Looking forwards to what kind of finish you wil give her.
Regards, Peter

WOW Dom! Your Bluenose looks amazing. I love the deck planking and the finish you have achieved on the hull is super-smooth. I can't wait to see the next phase.

WOW Dom! Your Bluenose looks amazing. I love the deck planking and the finish you have achieved on the hull is super-smooth. I can't wait to see the next phase.
Merci Heinrich pour vos compliments ! Je suis très heureux de construite ce kit. Le poirier est un bois génial à polir et je le fais briller avec de la laine d'acier et de "L'huile de coude"
Bien à vous, Dom

Thank you Heinrich for your compliments! I am very happy to build this kit. Pear is a great wood to polish and I shine it with steel wool and “Elbow Grease”
Yours, Dom

Back