Soixantième Bluenose !

Bonjour,
J'ai collé 102 et 103, ce fut long et fastidieux pour tout aligner. Pour pouvoir travailler tranquillement j'ai choisi de les coller avec de l'araldite lente pour faciliter la tâche et avoir le temps de tout vérifier ! Je me suis inspirer de vos discussions pour fabriquer les petites pinces
Bien à vous, Dom

20230831_080635.jpg

16934623472671148664789380310793.jpg

Bonjour,
J'ai collé 102 et 103, ce fut long et fastidieux pour tout aligner. Pour pouvoir travailler tranquillement j'ai choisi de les coller avec de l'araldite lente pour faciliter la tâche et avoir le temps de tout vérifier ! Je me suis inspirer de vos discussions pour fabriquer les petites pinces
Bien à vous, Dom

View attachment 392216

View attachment 392217
It’s looking nice, Dom. Good that you took your time, the alignment is important. And those clamps are very helpful.
Regards, Peter

Bonjour,
beaucoup de temps nécessaire pour coller 4 baguettes et les clouter, un peu brillant à mon goût...
Bien à Vous, Dom

Good morning,
a lot of time needed to glue 4 sticks and stud them, a little shiny for my taste...
Yours, Dom

20230914_100119-01.jpeg

20230914_101422-02.jpeg

20230914_101404-01.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good work, Dom. The inner strakes were laid very neatly and accurately. As to the simulated nailing, it all comes down to personal taste.

Hello Dom, I like the creative off ship prebuild at the openings. Looking forward to seeing how that works out. I like the 5th test piece from the left because it complements the grain the best.
Like you, I'm very interested in how those prefabricated parts work out.
Especially the one for the aft cabin.
@RevDom: I had quite some issues with the aft cabin, one of them being the spacing of the beams relative to the frames. Based on the cut outs you made in the part deck beams, you may have experienced similar issues.

Like you, I'm very interested in how those prefabricated parts work out.
Especially the one for the aft cabin.
@RevDom: I had quite some issues with the aft cabin, one of them being the spacing of the beams relative to the frames. Based on the cut outs you made in the part deck beams, you may have experienced similar issues.
Et oui mon constat est le même: j'ai du réaliser des encoches pour que les poutres soient au contact des couples et pouvoir garder le même espacement entre les poutres du pont. Vôtre journal montre bien ce problème, merci de l'avoir partager !

And yes, my observation is the same: I had to make notches so that the beams were in contact with the couples and could keep the same spacing between the beams of the bridge. Your diary clearly shows this problem, thank you for sharing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back