Soleil Royal - Heller 1/100 Back to work!

I like the left more, you recognize the details more, when it is not so extreme shiny

I’m sorry, DF, but I’ve been distracted by numerous things the past few days. I would remember the PE, but then get pulled in another direction.

Well - finally - I made the time to find the thing. Here, I’ve photographed it with the carriages that I am using for the f’ocsle and quarter deck guns. In actuality, though, these are the carriages that Heller intends for the main deck; this is my experiment in increasing apparent caliber size by shifting middle deck guns to the main deck; main deck to QD and FC; QD to poop.

373D8CE8-65A3-4092-843E-23FAFF503EC5.jpeg

The size that I happen to have may work for my QD and FC guns, but almost certainly will for the poop deck guns. I’ll have to ask Dan where these came from in order to see what other sizes may be available.

As you can see, they are pretty basic, but they could be painted to look representative enough. Maybe. It’s a tradeoff between realistic rigging practice, and a believable distance between blocks.

I’m sorry, DF, but I’ve been distracted by numerous things the past few days. I would remember the PE, but then get pulled in another direction.

Well - finally - I made the time to find the thing. Here, I’ve photographed it with the carriages that I am using for the f’ocsle and quarter deck guns. In actuality, though, these are the carriages that Heller intends for the main deck; this is my experiment in increasing apparent caliber size by shifting middle deck guns to the main deck; main deck to QD and FC; QD to poop.

View attachment 252544

The size that I happen to have may work for my QD and FC guns, but almost certainly will for the poop deck guns. I’ll have to ask Dan where these came from in order to see what other sizes may be available.

As you can see, they are pretty basic, but they could be painted to look representative enough. Maybe. It’s a tradeoff between realistic rigging practice, and a believable distance between blocks.

Hi Marc, thanks for the photo.

This could be a very interesting and much less labor intensive than any other option for rigging the guns.

I have already half the tackles done, so, it is to late to go back in my case, let’s see how I can accomplish this…

I’ll try to improve a bit more the carriages, and then I’m ready to go.

My sincere apologies for posting the above in your log, DF. DockAttner just brought this to my attention. I absently thought I was selecting my log out of the list of open windows because it also has Soleil Royal in the title, obvi. Unfortunately, I see no edit function for me to delete this post, which is strange.

Having just posted that where it belongs - in my own log - I don’t even seem able to delete posts within my log. Am I missing something, here?

And, again, my profuse apologies for not paying attention to what I was doing.

Having just posted that where it belongs - in my own log - I don’t even seem able to delete posts within my log. Am I missing something, here?

And, again, my profuse apologies for not paying attention to what I was doing.
An administrator could delete the post - but you can edit (and remove) the content. This all just means we get to see your beautiful work twice though...

My sincere apologies for posting the above in your log, DF. DockAttner just brought this to my attention. I absently thought I was selecting my log out of the list of open windows because it also has Soleil Royal in the title, obvi. Unfortunately, I see no edit function for me to delete this post, which is strange.
No problem Marc! Don’t worry about this!

Oh my goodnes.. fantastic!!! And this is same blue? Cool great job. You are much talented. Hope one day i can do half of this with my SR. Still waiting for her time.

The Citadel gold paints are wonderful - a little heavy bodied, but excellent color. I use the Retributor Armor as a base, and their Bright Gold for highlights.

The blue oil wash does a remarkable job of bringing depth and shading to the blue ground. It all looks spectacular.

amazing appearance - I can imagine, that the original had a similar appearance
Wonderful paint work

Hope you dont mind me pulling up a chair for this one.
Absolutely Fantastic Paint job my friend
Top Notch!!! ⚓⚓⚓

Trying to come up with some kind of rigging jig that could help with the various complicated and very small rigging works. This was the result, still trying to improve, so any other ideas are very much welcome…

F99E3B02-A2F0-4F67-B20C-F4DB05DB6132.jpeg
4790591E-1F11-472E-8B12-23164DBABD99.jpegAAF53195-611A-4890-8434-26637DCB225A.jpeg7FD3A318-3551-488E-A684-C75AD396C7AE.jpeg49C8BBF5-0536-4500-913D-5706CEC47AF2.jpeg

Attachments

• D8117D69-58FA-4FB1-952F-DD751DD485E0.jpeg
    D8117D69-58FA-4FB1-952F-DD751DD485E0.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 11
Back