Steam pinnace Janet

Hello Joe,
I was watching the plans in the page you told me ,,interesting and well made plans.
Kind regard,Daniel

Hello All
I was wondering if is better to do a resin impregnation in interior before putting the cabin floors.
After that will be impossible to control how good is made the impregnation.
Any advices?
Kind Regards,Daniel20200705_111419.jpg20200705_111422.jpg20200705_111427.jpg20200705_111512.jpg

I wouldnt use resin to waterproof I would use epoxy. I used to be plant manager at a bass boat factory and the one thing common folk dont know or realize is that resin is not waterproof.

we always used epoxy people think that fiberglass is waterproof but it isnt thats why gelcoat is used over fiberglass to protect it from water.

I have Z-pozy pt40 finishing resin for that
I intend to use on outside of hull too with 18 g / mp fibercloth
Daniel

Hello Daniel, with my latest hulls I have impregnated them inside with a mixture of epoxy and milled fiberglass. This mixture is a gel like stuff, easy to apply with a brush and makes hull very strong and waterproof.

Screenshot_20200706-084147.png

Hello Moxis,
Thanks for your reply,
What type of milled fiberglass you use? can you give me a link for figuring out?
Kind Regards,Daniel

Morning All,
I found something interesting :
RC Sailboat Build DIY Removable Cabin Top
Daniel

Morning again!
I begin cutting the old supports and begin shaping cabin floor.
Also I have to find a way to fasten the gearbox to the model with posibility of dissasembling ( in case of repairs,oiling and stuff) ( the gearbox and motor will be sunken below the stern cabin floor.
Over it will be a table in the center of the cabin.
Decisions,Decisions
Daniel20200711_092814.jpg20200711_092858.jpg

Moxis,
Can you give me the position of the mounting screws of the boier of lempi?
I will buy the same boiler and want to put some wooden block under cabin floor for better resistance.I f you can tell me the metric of the screw I can glue with epoxy some nuts in the wood block
Many Thanks in advance
Daneil

Are those dry-fitted only at this stage?

Hello Heinrich,
Yes ,I just sanded them for forceful fitting.
Today I will put supports for fixing the engine in place and will put a layer of finishing resin on the interior.
Kind regards,Daniel

It was the finishing resin that I was worried about. Then I can rest in peace! :D

Hello Heinrich,
I beginned projecting the forward cabin and because there are minor differences I begin in paper first , correcting on the model and after in plywood .
The wood from Bibigon still have not arrived is somwhere in transit .
IN my mind is better to put under the cabin floor some wood for fixing the future boiler and steam stuff.
Sadly I dont know the distance between screws for boiler ( or plant )
So the resin will wait a bit
Kind regards,Daniel

Back