The glassfiber cloth has arrived- 18 g/square meter
Is very fine .
The post for railing I will make from 2,5 mm diameter brass wire
The railings will be from 1mm brass wire
The resin is in customs and will reach me in a day or two
I talked to Bibigon and maybe next week I will have the wood
Just waiting like one child the chrismas morning :D
Daniel

Hello Nigel, I am sorry I ask you in Daniel's thread, but we could open our own for this subject if necessary.

I am building a steam pinasse too and want to get a beautiful glossy deck for her. Deck is planked with mahagony strips and I thought to apply several coats of glossy boat varnish on it, but your method of using epoxy is interesting. I thought to use laminating epoxy for this. To get it thinner I thought to use methyl alcohol which makes epoxy like water. But how many layers of epoxy are you using? Do you sand them after curing before applying new layer? And what type of varnish are you using as the last layer?
Hello Moxis
I find on internet some info for guitar making -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o4YN8wtCfE
They explained very well about pore filling with epoxy
I think you will be interested
Daniel

Morning All,
I asked a friend who works in a 3d program to verify my design.
There are small diferences resolved with sanding but the results are near similar
The stern was as in original in heart shape
Kind regards,Danielmusashi lateral.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Moxis
I find on internet some info for guitar making -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o4YN8wtCfE
They explained very well about pore filling with epoxy
I think you will be interested
Daniel

Thank you Daniel very interesting, however I could't open the link. Could you send it once more please.

Hello Moxis ,
I usually copy the link and paste in the google serching bar.
That way is working every time.
I dont know why is not working after pasting here in message.
Sincerely yours ,Daniel

I tried to copy the link but it was not possible. When trying to sweep it with finger in the normal manner, it does not "paint", actually nothing happens if I tap or sweep the link.

Sorry moxis I thought you are on a computer.
Try to search on youtube this :
Luthier Tips du Jour Mailbag 84 - Zpoxy pore fill

Hello All,
After a long time and 5 days to stay in customs Z-poxy reach me.
Now waiting for wood from Bibigon
Daniel

Sorry moxis I thought you are on a computer.
Try to search on youtube this :
Luthier Tips du Jour Mailbag 84 - Zpoxy pore fill
Thanks Daniel, I was looking the tutorial which was very good. But how this guy is making the last glossy layer? With Zpoxy or some sort of varnish?

Barnes and Noble are very devious
I wanted to pay for the electronic book and cannot because Romania is not on the list of eligible country ( ukraine and Russia is :mad:)
So I have no luck.
I cannot buy the hardcover because the same thing.
If anyone have this book can you scan the chapter of the finishing the model ?
Daniel

I was also trying to purchase this book in electronic format, but the vendor said that overseas orders in digital form are not allowed. So the only way is to buy the book in paperback format, but price is higher and shipment takes awfully long time these days, so I skip this.

Hello Moxis,
I found something interesting
Part. 30 - Deck - Amati Italian runabout - Riva Aquarama

Dumas 1947 Chris~Craft Utility Boat Slide Show

Daniel

Last edited:
Thanks Moxis ,
Tomorrow I will sand the hard to reach cut and get flush with base.
An will see the position of servo for rudder
Daniel

Following late hehe but hey guys anyone wanna do a really nice small steam Boat go here and half way down the page is High and Low Res Full Drawings
Columbia Mission Boat

at one time I got pretty far along on the 3D for this and the plans are fairly accurate. but I lost everything in computer fry and remembered this because of this thread and might just have to draw it up again. Another was a steam Logging boat but cant remember where i got them from to find again

Back