Steam powered wooden Drifter trawler, Formidable LT100, 1/20 scale by neptune

All this work I did approx just over a week ago, last Monday evening I thought I had a bout of Flu starting but by Wednesday morning I was taken into hospital with Covid, and released a day later, its been a bl--dy horrible week, I'm starting to come good and should be out of quarantine by Thursday, hopefully,

488.jpg
finishing off the window framing, the two corner windows where fixed in place and most of the others were opened and closed with a sash,

489.jpg
attaching the top frame timbers,

490.jpg
I had a spare wheel from my Imarra tug which is near enough to the right size, I mounted it on a support and glued it to the front of the wheel house,

491.jpg
couple of pics of the wheel in place, I have to make the binoculars and the box that holds them and also the Voice pipe and the Telegraph yet,

492.jpg

Three more pics of the wheel house,

493.jpg

494.jpg
The wheel house looks out of square but its just the phone camera,

thanks for looking in, catch up soon,

best regards John

All this work I did approx just over a week ago, last Monday evening I thought I had a bout of Flu starting but by Wednesday morning I was taken into hospital with Covid, and released a day later, its been a bl--dy horrible week, I'm starting to come good and should be out of quarantine by Thursday, hopefully,

View attachment 296078
finishing off the window framing, the two corner windows where fixed in place and most of the others were opened and closed with a sash,

View attachment 296079
attaching the top frame timbers,

View attachment 296080
I had a spare wheel from my Imarra tug which is near enough to the right size, I mounted it on a support and glued it to the front of the wheel house,

View attachment 296081
couple of pics of the wheel in place, I have to make the binoculars and the box that holds them and also the Voice pipe and the Telegraph yet,

View attachment 296082

Three more pics of the wheel house,

View attachment 296083

View attachment 296084
The wheel house looks out of square but its just the phone camera,

thanks for looking in, catch up soon,

best regards John
Great progress John,

Sorry to hear you have been crook, good to hear you are on the mend, take care of yourself.

Cheers,
Stephen.

495.jpg
Making the telegraph, just sitting in place at the moment,

496.jpg
and with the top attached, i just used some scrap brass pieces for these parts,

497.jpg
and another view, its not glued in place yet, I turned a pin on the bottom of the stand so as to be able to glue it through the deck later,

498.jpg
and with the voice pipe fixed in place, I still have to finish detailing the telegraph yet,

thanks for looking in,

best regards john,

499.jpg
drawing of the top of the wheel house, I have to make the crutch for the mast to lie back in and also what appears to be two vents behind the mast crutch,

500.jpg
G'day Paul, this is just a couple of my junk boxes, I'm a bit of a magpie and save all sorts of stuff,

501.jpg
and another box, surprising what you can make out of it,

502.jpg
turning up the main vent for the roof,

503.jpg
the two vents and where they will be attached later after painting,

504.jpg
just to give an idea of where they will go,

505.jpg
and this is what I made the smaller vent out of, a knitting needle,

506.jpg
I downloaded a pic of a telegraph and reduced its size on the printer, I will glue it in place and trim around it when the glue is dry,

thanks for looking in,

best regards John,

Back