The ALFRED 74. [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi friends,
I have finished my toothpick treenailing now. ;)

Fitted deadeyes and chain link assemblies, and given the upper planking a few coats of satin poly in a rattle can. Looking forward to receiving my cannons and carriages soon from Kris Szprutnik.

A few photos of my current status. Thanks for your interest.

..IMG_3187.JPGIMG_3189.JPGIMG_3186.JPGIMG_3188.JPG

Hi friends,
I am indeed very grateful to Mike Shanks for spending considerable time and effort making my H.M.S Alfred stern details.
They are precision cut from Boxwood to a very high degree of accuracy. I have not seen this state of art manufacturing of fine timber parts before.

IMG_0431.jpgIMG_0428.jpgIMG_0429.jpg

Hi Brian

Those are some seriously good additions for your model.You are going to have to be very careful with some of the very fine trim so as not to break it because of the grain direction.
I have had success coated parts like these with thin CA glue to strengthen them.The glue soaks into the timber and if you are careful looks like it has just had a coat of poly.You would have to remove them from the fret first though, otherwise you will end up sticking them in place

Kind Regards

Nigel

My long overdue order of 3D resin figurines have arrived from Russia. I am taking the easy way out here and modifying them to suit my Alfred model.

Here's a photo of a resin warrior at the correct size, then I cut off the arms and legs and reattached then in the correct stance. I added a kings crown, made a cape and added a scroll to the kings hand.

.IMG_3206.JPGIMG_3203.JPGIMG_3204.JPG

Back