The Mary Rose

Norway

Good progress, exciting trenagle technique on the hull,

Graham

Lining the gunports. Not only are the ports on the real ship lined, but I will line those on my model because the colour difference between the first planking (limewood) and the second planking (walnut) is quite obvious.
I used 0.5mm thick strip. A fiddly job so in the end I used a blob of bluetack on a cocktail stick -

P3170007.JPG

and when sized properly CA'd them in place -

P3170008.JPG

Finished -

P3170009.JPG

P3170010.JPG

It is here that you find out whether the holes you cut are actually square; some slight fettling was required on a couple. I am quite pleased with the result, but I am glad she's not a 100 gunner!

Norgale

Wow! What pleasure it's been to read this thread. The actual build is fascinating and the history comments are the frosting on the cake. So what actually happened to this ship? Why would so many men be in just a few places after the ship went down? Maybe the ship was overwhelmed by pirates or the French or the Spaniards or the Italians. Henry did P--- off the Pope about that time. The crew was locked up, the ship pillaged and then sunk with all the crew still locked up. Sounds like Spain to me. A very good build I'll say.