The Schooner Bluenose 1921, POF Yuanqing Models 1:72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Heavens know how many mistakes I have made over the last dozen years working on hobbies.

If you ever want a challenging task, try laying down rock ballast along a model rail track and getting to all stay in place while gluing it down. It takes a lot of patience and rework, as after dozens of times it always get some spot where glue makes the gravel run down and away.

Heavens know how many mistakes I have made over the last dozen years working on hobbies.

If you ever want a challenging task, try laying down rock ballast along a model rail track and getting to all stay in place while gluing it down. It takes a lot of patience and rework, as after dozens of times it always get some spot where glue makes the gravel run down and away.
Oh boy, I can only imagine.

Nice work Daniel de planking
You're making good progress
About the finishing of the hull, well you've read it, so many people and so many opinions and that's only good
My hull, I've watched a lot and still watch the build by Dean , I also have a lot of trouble painting beautiful wood
I just didn't use paint but ink , inspired by the construction of Peter
Regards Henkromp.JPG

About the finishing of the hull, well you've read it, so many people and so many opinions and that's only good
My hull, I've watched a lot and still watch the build by Dean , I also have a lot of trouble painting beautiful wood
Regards HenkView attachment 378861
That is beautiful precise work Henk.

Regards HenkView attachment 378861
Fantastic Henk…I personally could not put paint on that beautifully planked pear wood! ;)

Good afternoon once again. My Bluenose is finally free from her framing jig. Now the second wave of exciting build begins with trimming off the frame extensions and sanding down even with the top of the bulwarks. The reduction in weight is significant so I used rubber bands and homemade fittings to secure the hull structure fast to the cradle.

IMG_2608.jpgIMG_2609.jpgIMG_2610.jpg

I have a little customizing to do on the top side transom to make the batten tail section fit properly. Not sure what happened but I think I had the prefab bulwarks set perhaps a couple mm too high. Not a problem as I will plank my way around it. I will be sure to dry fit all the batten boards for proper fit because of this situation.
IMG_2611.jpg

I have decided to go with a 3 board (bulwarks) paint scheme with a dark color that at this point will not be black but some dark blue colors that I ordered. I will be doing test runs of this for sure.
Thanks for checking in.

Good afternoon once again. My Bluenose is finally free from her framing jig. Now the second wave of exciting build begins with trimming off the frame extensions and sanding down even with the top of the bulwarks. The reduction in weight is significant so I used rubber bands and homemade fittings to secure the hull structure fast to the cradle.

View attachment 379053View attachment 379054View attachment 379055

I have a little customizing to do on the top side transom to make the batten tail section fit properly. Not sure what happened but I think I had the prefab bulwarks set perhaps a couple mm too high. Not a problem as I will plank my way around it. I will be sure to dry fit all the batten boards for proper fit because of this situation.
View attachment 379056

I have decided to go with a 3 board (bulwarks) paint scheme with a dark color that at this point will not be black but some dark blue colors that I ordered. I will be doing test runs of this for sure.
Thanks for checking in.
Congratulations with this big step, Daniel. Free of the jig and showing her real lines!
Regards, Peter

Not sure what happened but I think I had the prefab bulwarks set perhaps a couple mm too high.
To me this looks way too familiar and I suspect for a few other YQ Bluenose builders as well.

I have decided to go with a 3 board (bulwarks) paint scheme with a dark color that at this point will not be black but some dark blue colors that I ordered.
Anxiously awaiting the outcome of your internal deliberations...

Back