Trident Model - HMS Alert 1777 by Lusitania1915

Ok, then quickly back to my pictures:

The single parts are just plugged in. The bow- and stern-section is already glued, but I will edit the baseplate again before gluing the two parts together. I try to widen the cut-outs a little bit, so that I don't have to use excessive force when completing the parts later.

Here now the pictures:
IMG_6981.jpg

IMG_6982.jpg

IMG_6983.jpg

IMG_6984.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The next 3 pictures show the complete components of the keel. At first only roughly cut out, afterwards already roughly cleaned. Meanwhile they fit into the mould, but I will have to rework them quite a bit.
Next I will finish the stern part and then glue it together

IMG_6992.jpg

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_6994.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All parts put together are under a lot of tension in the mould, so all parts have to be sanded.

Is there a better word for the mould, in which the parts are checked for a perfect fit? As a little help with language difficulties? Or do you know what I mean?
Deepl is my best friend...

Hello, If parts are tight & snug fit in the template, use it. This will ensure alignment. You can still use clamps along with the template. But make sure you are using the glass or in your case is a tile to lay down the parts inside the template. ;)

Hello, I am writing from Germany.
what can I say?
After a rich week my kit arrived here well packed in an undamaged box.

I use DeepL for translation, and without wanting to advertise, I think it works well.

More information and a real start of construction will be available in the next days.
Many greetings
L.
View attachment 177570
Hallo @Lusitania1915
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back