Trident Model - HMS Alert 1777 by Lusitania1915

I have just realised that I stupidly glued CL15 to the Berth. Now I am wavering between two decisions: Break it off and cut it out of plywood or something, or leave it as it is and destroy it when I take the ship out of the Berth.

What do you think?

I have just realised that I stupidly glued CL15 to the Berth. Now I am wavering between two decisions: Break it off and cut it out of plywood or something, or leave it as it is and destroy it when I take the ship out of the Berth.

What do you think?
You can try to remove it to dissolve the glue with nail polish remover.

Hello @Lusitania1915, How is your Alert build goes? We have not seen your updates for a long time, and really curious to see the progress. :) Don't be shy to ask any questions you may need, We are here to help!

Dear Jimsky,
thank you for asking. At the moment, construction is at a standstill.
Before New Year's Eve, I started to rework the Keelson and prepare the individual parts for the frames on the bow. These have been cut out and are waiting to be finished.

At the same time I am working on the small version of the Alert from VanguardModels. I knew then that not every wrong cut would have terrible consequences like on a POF model.
The drop height is much lower here. In the meantime, I have finished the first planking and I will certainly find the time to work on the bows in the next few weeks.

But I still admire your work. It's great what you get out of the kit!

Best regards,
Emanuel

At the same time I am working on the small version of the Alert from VanguardModels. I knew then that not every wrong cut would have terrible consequences like on a POF model.
The drop height is much lower here. In the meantime, I have finished the first planking and I will certainly find the time to work on the bows in the next few weeks.
Good to hear from you, and I am glad that everything in order like you've planned. Why not start a build log for another Alert, the one you are currently building? This way members can watch your blog and possibly learn, yet, if you have any doubts and simply need help, we can help you. What do you think?

Back