Trumpeter 1/200 Missouri build [COMPLETED BUILD]

This detail would be impossible without PE parts. Nice work getting it together. You almost have to be an engineer to figure out what goes where and visualize what the end product must look like.

Thanks Gary :text-thankyouyellow:

The PE kit came with sheets of detail photos walking you through the assembly of each of the assemblies, but some of it does fall into the category of "You bought it, you figure it out"

What is missing is that there is no integration document that says do this in the PE kit instead of or in addition to the instructions in the plastic kit. They assume that since these kits are sold for an expert, you should be smart enough to figure it out.

Happy Modeling

I use two things to bend the PE parts a bending tool for long bends, like railings and mostly, a pair of surgeons pliers that I bought from MicroMark, part # 60720 I find this to be much more reliable than a pair of tweezers because the points do not shift past each other and they have serrated inner surfaces.

Happy Modeling

You almost have to be an engineer to figure out what goes where and visualize what the end product must look like.

Gary, the exact thought ran through my mind as I was reading through Jim's post. I am really taken back about the micro size of all these parts. It's not only the size of the finished item, but the smallest parts to put an item (thing) together is just unreal.

Donnie

Jim and I have been having discussions just about every other day, and the one statement that comes up all the time is "the engineering in the PE kit is just amazing." And that is so true. When it comes time to bend a piece of brass, the brass is etched on where to bent it, no matter how small the piece. This even applies to the railings, it leaves no question as to the placement and the orientation of the part in the ship. I am a bit further along the Jim is because we are approaching the ship from two differrent directions. I am just now making my 20mm guns that Jim had laid out in a previous post. At first I didnt think that I was going to be able to make them because of my hands shaking but I am getting through that and am starting them now. I would like to post a picture of one of the areas on my Missouri.
Joe

My next project was the construction of the 40mm Bofors guns from the second PE add-on kit.
Here are the parts required.

Attachments

• 0011@96sos.JPG
    0011@96sos.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 100
Here are the parts for the launching cars and the dummy cars. The second pic shows the finished cars.

Attachments

• 0001@96sos.JPG
    0001@96sos.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 0002@96sos.JPG
    0002@96sos.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 177
Back