Trumpeter 1/200 Missouri build [COMPLETED BUILD]

Geez Jim the brass looks great so far, most of your pics have been close ups but the distance pic of the superstructure looks fantastic. Would there be much brasswork on the main decks?
Regards
Eric

Thanks Eric. Yes, the main deck has another ton of brass. As soon as I get my base back, I'll get the hull mounted and then the main deck goes on. more pictures coming. Here is a pic of just one section of the main deck.

0006@96sos.JPG

That is really a nice looking model. I have seen the model of the Iowa up close and the it was incredible when completed. This one will look just as good.

It gets more amazing with every post, have you figured a way to paint it all and not obscure all the wonderful detail?

Contrary to all historical references, what you see is my finished product.
When I built the Bismarck, (see that build log), I decided that I would not cover up the brass with paint. Reason, none of my work would be appreciated. Some of those pieces take a long time to fold and glue and mount. Painting them over would obscure all that effort.
So what you see is what you get.
Thanks again guys. I'm currently working on the main guns, which have more pieces than anything else in the build so far. I'll post pics as it goes together.

That is just incredible to say the least - remarkable amount of work and detail.

Nice start. I have been on board the real one when it was on the west coast. I was totally blown away by how big the gun turrets and big guns were. It will be interesting watching this go together.

I am totally speechless - dang - this is beyond my pay grade !!! I can only wish that I could come close to doing something like this build.

Donnie

To: A Senior Chief Petty Officer
Subject: Building a WWII Warship in Plastic

Sir:
As per your pay grade comment posted above, I strenuously disagree with your negative position. Pay grade or not, I wish to state that I watched in awe as your Santisima Trinidad come to life. The patience, dedication to detail, and artistry exhibited in that build qualified you for the Senior Chief title. You do yourself a disservice when you say a similar project in plastic and brass is above your pay grade. A wise man once said, "No Guts, No Glory".

Be well, my friend.
Jim

Progress continues. Here is the build sequence for the main guns. The last pic in this sequence shows the top plate and all of the railings that go on the edge. Believe me, these railings are about the size of hair.

0001@96sos.JPG

0003@96sos.JPG

0004@96sos.JPG

0005@96 - 15.JPG

The main gun guild goes on.

Attachments

• 0006@96sos.JPG
    0006@96sos.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 0007@96sos.JPG
    0007@96sos.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 0008@96sos.JPG
    0008@96sos.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 0009@96sos.JPG
    0009@96sos.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 0010@96sos.JPG
    0010@96sos.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 103
  • 0011@96sos.JPG
    0011@96sos.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 100
Here is the completed #2 turret. The brass guns are so heavy that it has to be supported. When mounted on the ship, the main guns will have to be glued in place as they are front heavy and will tip forward.

Attachments

• 0012@96sos.JPG
    0012@96sos.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 111
Beautiful build, Jim. That's some awesome detail. I only recently saw a similar build and never really realized how nice these models could be. I'm very impressed with your fine detail work the overall results.

Clare

Back