USS BONHOMME RICHARD - POF - Cross Section in Cherry - 1:48 - by carlosys [COMPLETED BUILD]

I notice there are no gun port doors on this model. Are any included with the kit? I'm reading that sometimes only the lowest gun port had hinged doors on many French ships. Of course, these could have been added later. I don't know if she was fitted with cannon (and doors?) when she was transferred to the French Navy, or upon being given to John Paul Jones. Either way, she was probably fitted with cannon by the French, and never made it to the States for any work.

I notice there are no gun port doors on this model. Are any included with the kit? I'm reading that sometimes only the lowest gun port had hinged doors on many French ships. Of course, these could have been added later. I don't know if she was fitted with cannon (and doors?) when she was transferred to the French Navy, or upon being given to John Paul Jones. Either way, she was probably fitted with cannon by the French, and never made it to the States for any work.
please take a look at Boudriots work.

first the difference of the gunport arrangement during her french and during her american time

IMG_4220.jpg

During her american time as Bonhomme Richard she had gun port lids only at the lower deck

IMG_3923.jpg

This is showing appr. the area of the section model

IMG_4230.jpg

The parts for the lids are included in the kit - see "11"

IMG_3519.jpg

Hi everyone.
It seems that this model is fashionable in the forum so I will collaborate with my progress to help all the colleagues who are doing it too.
For my part, I will learn from your work.

The first steps do not have much mystery.
In my case, I am deck by deck in order to adjust each deck to the real progress of the model.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Regards
Hallo @carlosys
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hope you are well and working on a new project? Maybe you can show us your actual project.
Something else:
WE realized, that all your photos disappeared, I guess caused by the fact that you did not upload them in SOS, but somewhere outside and the link is not working any more. Maybe it would be possible to upload them once more and edit your posts of the building logs?
Without photos the building logs are ......

Hello
Thanks a lot
At the moment, I am with activities other than naval modeling, but as soon as I resume it, I will inform you about it.
Regarding the photographs, I do see them. Is it in this thread or in others?

At the moment, I am with activities other than naval modeling, but as soon as I resume it, I will inform you about it.
Sounds good - I am looking forward

Regarding the photographs, I do see them. Is it in this thread or in others?
In this and the other logs - It is the best and also a principle to upload them on our server
1671784301468.png

Happy Birthday! Your log was very helpful to me in my build of the same model. BTW, I can see all the pictures just fine. They all appear to be there.

Thanks a lot.
Regarding the images, I have reviewed it and they are all available on my server, so I do not understand why some users cannot see them.
Maybe a cache problem of the pc where it is running... But they are all available without problem.
Best regards Bottle

Hi everyone.
It seems that this model is fashionable in the forum so I will collaborate with my progress to help all the colleagues who are doing it too.
For my part, I will learn from your work.

The first steps do not have much mystery.
In my case, I am deck by deck in order to adjust each deck to the real progress of the model.

1.jpg

2.jpg

USS.3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Regards
Hallo @carlosys