USS Constitution by Model Shipways 1:76 scale.

After completing the rigging of the Royal and Topgallant shrouds I decided to start the rigging of the Bowsprit.
But that is also easier said than done. After all, the plan is insufficiently detailed. For example, I missed the Outer Jib stay....and the Flying Jib.
May I be so bold as to advise everyone to consult the photos from the CON before starting?

Cheers,

Marc

View attachment 448824

View attachment 448825

View attachment 448826
I looked at the plans and the practicum by Bob Hunt, and I feel there are things missing, as you mentioned. For this reason I think I will be referring to the instructions of the Brig Syren for assistance. Surely there has to be some similarities between both ships.

I would like to share some more photos: I completed the wiring of the Spanker / Boom....
In the meantime, I have also installed the Yards of the Mizzen mast and started working on the main mast.

A detail: to attach the Main Yard (eg all lower yards) I installed a pin in the YARD and drilled a hole in the mast. Doing so allowed me to install on a proper way the further blocks and wirers in a very clean manner.... :)

Tony860.jpg

Tony862.jpg

Tony863.jpg

Tony865.jpg

I would like to share some more photos: I completed the wiring of the Spanker / Boom....
In the meantime, I have also installed the Yards of the Mizzen mast and started working on the main mast.

A detail: to attach the Main Yard (eg all lower yards) I installed a pin in the YARD and drilled a hole in the mast. Doing so allowed me to install on a proper way the further blocks and wirers in a very clean manner.... :)

View attachment 451197

View attachment 451198

View attachment 451199

View attachment 451200
Hi Marc
Your ship is looking fabulous, I wish my progress was as quick as yours.
Tony

Hi, it's winter here and I'm finding it difficult to work in my garage due to the cold weather so not much is being done on my model.
I've been putting off doing the rails and have finally started on them.

IMG_20240607_185246.jpg
IMG_20240508_181606.jpg
IMG_20240607_184540.jpg
The lower two rails are quite easy, the next two are a lot harder.

IMG_20240526_160227.jpg
This is how I'm bending the next rail, 3 bends are required in different directions.

IMG_20240520_114114.jpg
I will use these rails to make the 5 ribs holding them in place.
Looking forward to some warmer weather. Tony

Back