USS Constitution by Model Shipways 1:76 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Tony,

It makes me happy to hear some news from you....it's spring here but since October 20 (2023) last year it has been raining incessantly (there hasn't been a single dry week!!!!).
So I had some time to continue working. But it is difficult....
I'm trying to complete the rigging as best as I can. But the more wires, the more difficult to access certain places become....

This is how I broke, among other things, the BOOM and one of the front Bumpkins....
Fortunately I was able to restore it perfectly, but a lot of time was still lost....
I need at least another month to finish this ship... ;)

Tony870.jpg

Tony871.jpg

Tony872.jpg

looks great. congratulations.
I have a question. When you planked the deck, did you taper the planks or you kept them at the size they are?

looks great. congratulations.
I have a question. When you planked the deck, did you taper the planks or you kept them at the size they are?
I used TANGANICA wooden strips sized 1/64" thick and 1/8" wide...
I bought them in a shop and are +- 20 incl long (50 cm).
Reason : flexibel, CNC cut, nice wood colour....

SO I did not use the strips delivered with the kit.

Cheers

Marc

1718463042278.png

to all enthusiasts and interested parties.
It's time.

With this I can announce the solemn inauguration of the USS Constitution... We're done!
Isn't she beautiful?

I would like to thank everyone for the many encouraging words! Really gave me pleasure!
I would still like to ask a question: is there any interest in reading my findings (the good ones but also comments regarding the construction kit, realization, etc.)?

And now my next project.....

Tony1000.jpg

Tony1001.jpg

Tony1002.jpg

Tony1003.jpg

Tony1004.jpg

Tony1005.jpg

Hello Tony,

It makes me happy to hear some news from you....it's spring here but since October 20 (2023) last year it has been raining incessantly (there hasn't been a single dry week!!!!).
So I had some time to continue working. But it is difficult....
I'm trying to complete the rigging as best as I can. But the more wires, the more difficult to access certain places become....

This is how I broke, among other things, the BOOM and one of the front Bumpkins....
Fortunately I was able to restore it perfectly, but a lot of time was still lost....
I need at least another month to finish this ship... ;)

View attachment 451868

View attachment 451869

View attachment 451870
Beautiful

Gentlemen,

I would like to ask your opinion again.
I hesitated for a long time between the HMS DIANA from Caldercraft and the USF Confederacy 1778 from Model Shipways. I was about to order the latter but I ordered the HMS Diana today anyway....
Is there any interest in opening a log again? Will I get your advice back?

Marc

Gentlemen,

I hesitated for a long time between the HMS DIANA from Caldercraft and the USF Confederacy 1778 from Model Shipways. I was about to order the latter but I ordered the HMS Diana today anyway....

Marc
Absolutely, Marc! I am sure I'm speaking for many of our members.

Gentlemen,

Marc
Hi Marc
A wonderful model to be proud of, an amazing build in such a short time. Every time I get stuck I'll look back on your work for inspiration. How do you rate the Constitution kit now it's finished.
I thought you had already purchased the Confederacy after you posted that photo. The Diana is a lovely ship I know you'll enjoy building it. Please start a new log it will be a big help for me when I build mine.

Tony

Back