USS Constitution from Model Shipways

I will be watching closely! Mine just arrived a week ago. I was surprised it didnt come with sales. I can not sew. I think I found a set on line. I wont be able to start mine for a few months due to room but I will be watching your progress. What documentation are you using?
Hi! I'm using the Lauckstreet Shipyard seminar and of course read a lot of books regarding the ship and overall model building.

I will be watching closely! Mine just arrived a week ago. I was surprised it didnt come with sales. I can not sew. I think I found a set on line. I wont be able to start mine for a few months due to room but I will be watching your progress. What documentation are you using?
There are now sails available for that ship. I purchased them from the same place I purchased the boat. Model Expo

I have commented on Mr. Hunt's practicums before on other blogs on this and other model ships sites. I've only worked on two square rigged wooden ships both with Mr. Hunt's practicums and have completed one, his kit bashed Mamoli Rattlesnake. The other is the USS Constitution which I am kit bashing to add the gun deck (which he does not do) which I haven't completed yet. I could not have started nor completed the kits without his practicums. That said, his practicums are not perfect, I've caught errors and omissions and he admits that his methods may not be the best for everyone. I too purchased the extra photos which admittedly, are outtakes, but do provide slightly different angles of view which sometimes help. I highly suggest reviewing other build logs to compare Mr. Hunts instructions and make your choice as which one to follow for any particular process. You might want to go the USS Constitution Museum site and download the US Navy plans for the ship (not a compete set) for free. I've also collected a vast library of images of the ship from friends and the internet. You can never have too many photos.

Good luck on your build

I have commented on Mr. Hunt's practicums before on other blogs on this and other model ships sites. I've only worked on two square rigged wooden ships both with Mr. Hunt's practicums and have completed one, his kit bashed Mamoli Rattlesnake. The other is the USS Constitution which I am kit bashing to add the gun deck (which he does not do) which I haven't completed yet. I could not have started nor completed the kits without his practicums. That said, his practicums are not perfect, I've caught errors and omissions and he admits that his methods may not be the best for everyone. I too purchased the extra photos which admittedly, are outtakes, but do provide slightly different angles of view which sometimes help. I highly suggest reviewing other build logs to compare Mr. Hunts instructions and make your choice as which one to follow for any particular process. You might want to go the USS Constitution Museum site and download the US Navy plans for the ship (not a compete set) for free. I've also collected a vast library of images of the ship from friends and the internet. You can never have too many photos.

Good luck on your build
Thank you - also for your input. I'll soon join a model builders club in Vienna - hope to find additional help there.

Hi
It looks like your off to a good start, I will be following your progress it's great to see a build log for this model.
I have this kit and was planning to start it 6 months ago but we decided to sell our house and move interstate. We are moving into the new house next week, as soon as I set up a new work area I'll make a start on my Constitution.

Hi
It looks like your off to a good start, I will be following your progress it's great to see a build log for this model.
I have this kit and was planning to start it 6 months ago but we decided to sell our house and move interstate. We are moving into the new house next week, as soon as I set up a new work area I'll make a start on my Constitution.
Thank you - and all the best for your project too!

Good luck on your build
Thanks I will check other sources for help. I would like to visit the museum and see the ship first hand.

Back