Vasa - 1:65 DeAgostini [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Friends,

I'm taking a bit of time away from actively working on my Vasa, but today was quite nice outside, so I risked a road trip. I hope you enjoy these outdoor photos...

View attachment 316803
View attachment 316815
View attachment 316804
View attachment 316805
View attachment 316812
View attachment 316810
View attachment 316813
View attachment 316811
View attachment 316808
View attachment 316807

View attachment 316809
View attachment 316806

It's good to stop every once in a while and remember what has been accomplished. I am truly grateful for the many, many people who have helped me, corrected me, and encouraged me along the way. I have been blessed by your shared expertise and friendship, and I'm excited to see what the future holds!
Good morning Paul- you have received enough accolades, compliments, commendations, praise, exclamations......I think someone has to get real and say it like it really is....

“Simply the best”.I’ve said it before if there where applauding emojis you would definitely receive a whole lot.

Cheers Grant

After the outside-pictures and the pages of compliments from the others, what can I say …….
2 big WOW’s and HAT OFF’s for you, Paul.
The first for your VASA with the great hull, beautiful carving and painting, very nice rigging with your own ropes etc etc etc.
The second for the photographing of the model. Daylight it the best light, but the sun can be to bright. But you have chosen a nice shaded spot for the lighting. With beautiful detail shots and non-disruptive backgrounds.
Regards, Peter

Hello Friends,

I'm taking a bit of time away from actively working on my Vasa, but today was quite nice outside, so I risked a road trip. I hope you enjoy these outdoor photos...

View attachment 316803
View attachment 316815
View attachment 316804
View attachment 316805
View attachment 316812
View attachment 316810
View attachment 316813
View attachment 316811
View attachment 316808
View attachment 316807

View attachment 316809
View attachment 316806

It's good to stop every once in a while and remember what has been accomplished. I am truly grateful for the many, many people who have helped me, corrected me, and encouraged me along the way. I have been blessed by your shared expertise and friendship, and I'm excited to see what the future holds!
Just stunning sir

Looking at the pictures of this magnificent build, I feel like walking with giants...
Until now I never realized this is your first build, but even if it wasn't; what an amazing accomplishment!
Thank you, Johan. I honestly feel like most every builder on this forum could replicate my work - it's simply a matter of putting in the time. I like doing the research, I like being helped by other forum members, I like sitting at my work table figuring out how to make things. This hobby (one that I am arriving at later in life) is a good fit for me so I am enjoying the process of it all...

Good morning Paul- you have received enough accolades, compliments, commendations, praise, exclamations......I think someone has to get real and say it like it really is....

“Simply the best”.I’ve said it before if there where applauding emojis you would definitely receive a whole lot.

Cheers Grant
Ha! Best is a dangerous word! Like you I'm just making a tiny ship and having fun doing it. There are some real 'bests' out there and they provide inspiration and eye-candy in abundance! I can think of a dozen build logs on this forum and a few international forums that take your breath away...

After the outside-pictures and the pages of compliments from the others, what can I say …….
2 big WOW’s and HAT OFF’s for you, Paul.
The first for your VASA with the great hull, beautiful carving and painting, very nice rigging with your own ropes etc etc etc.
The second for the photographing of the model. Daylight it the best light, but the sun can be to bright. But you have chosen a nice shaded spot for the lighting. With beautiful detail shots and non-disruptive backgrounds.
Regards, Peter
Thank you kindly, Peter. As I mentioned to Daniel the outdoor light was very flattering to my Vasa... She is now safely back inside under her plastic cover wondering when she will be allowed outside to play again...

Hello
I just looked at this post in full, and it's really a great achievement, especially for your first model! and the outdoor photos are very beautiful and highlight the color of the wood, congratulations again! Do you already have an idea of the next model?
Thanks for visiting Bosco! I'm not good at doing the same thing twice so my next build will certainly not be a 17th century galleon. I have several plank-on-frame models in the cue but still have a year left on this build so I'm trying to not make any firm decisions. I joined the French forum just last week. There are some skilled model builders on your site!

Wow, those photos outdoors say more than words can. Just wonderful work. I think your next challenge is figuring out what is your next project after such a wonderfully constructed, colorful ship. Whatever it is, I have no doubt it will be 1st rate! Very nice Paul.

Merci d'avoir visité Bosco! Je ne suis pas doué pour faire deux fois la même chose donc ma prochaine construction ne sera certainement pas un galion du 17ème siècle. J'ai plusieurs modèles de planches sur cadre en préparation, mais il me reste encore un an sur cette construction, alors j'essaie de ne prendre aucune décision ferme. J'ai rejoint le forum français la semaine dernière. Il y a des maquettistes qualifiés sur votre site !
Ok ! c'est vrai d'abord finir ce modèle et ensuite vous verrez bien ! En effet sur le forum Français, il y a de bons maquettistes ! j'en connait un autre voir >>>ICI<<< c'est sur les modèles du type arsenal !

Back