Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati 1:50 [COMPLETED BUILD]

This is really great! I know it was your 'in-between' project, and must acknowledge - great accomplishment!! Congrats! Don't forget to submit photos to our contributor's gallery!! Thumbsup

Hallo @Snowy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day
Birthday-Cake

I bent the planks without soaking them and I had no trouble doing so.

It is a good idea to taper the thickness of extremes of the planks where they superimpose ort you will end with a very high pile ok planking at bow and stern, if you see what I mean. The planks if I remember well are .8mm ply and I reduced them to about half the thickness.

You can seen here:

View attachment 137503

Regards

JL
That clinker planking at the stem and stern are difficult to do and lay down as well as you have done. Very nice. Rich (PT-2)

Hi all thought I would do something a little different while I'm waiting for the glue to dry on the vanguard
I just started by dry fitting all frames and deck before I start and to mark the hull lines .now I've just glued the 2 ends .This should be interesting
Cheers snowy
Hallo @Snowy
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day - are you working actual on a project?

Hi all thought I would do something a little different while I'm waiting for the glue to dry on the vanguard
I just started by dry fitting all frames and deck before I start and to mark the hull lines .now I've just glued the 2 ends .This should be interesting
Cheers snowy View attachment 136198View attachment 136199View attachment 136200View attachment 136201View attachment 136202View attachment 136203View attachment 136204View attachment 136198View attachment 136199View attachment 136200View attachment 136201View attachment 136202View attachment 136203View attachment 136204
Hallo @Snowy
Birthday-Cake

Happy "Name Day" Snowy -- this kit is next on my list - I very much like how your's came out. PS: Love the detail on the sails - I'll revisit your log to get some
certainly great ideas.
Birthday-CakeEnjoy....

Back