current build images Your actual Ship Modeling Project - briefly introduced at a glance -> present it here

Fantastic ship Richie! Don't be afraid to stretch your skills to the limit, such as adding more detail to rigging by adding sails. If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing. There is plenty of support on the forum to help with answers to questions. There should be a step in the instructions to pick up the model and shake it upside down. Lots of wood shavings and bits came out of my model and I managed not to drop it on the floor and shipwreck it. Stuff always seems to find its way to the bilge.
Thank you, I will try a few modifications I have thought off. I do have a few questions which I will ask for some ideas when I get the appropriate spot. I also use compressed air to clear out inside the hull, surprising how much rubbish still come out.

No need to apologize. Looks great to me!
Just an observation that the chain plates for the shrouds should be in the same angled line as the shroud coming down from above. I place the deadeyes on the rails with the chain-plate lose to be aligned and secured at the outermost end first for that line and then install any intermediate fasteners. Just an idea to consider. More experienced builders may have other methods but relying on a plan elevation to set the chain-plate angle may not work out as every model takes on its own life. Rich (Pt-2)

This is realy a beautiful gift to your father in law - very well build model

Shipahoy:
I love your King of Prussia...it’s beautiful.
I have also the Corel kit and pretty soon I will be building her.
Do you have more pictures of this model, maybe a small building log; for sure we would like to see more.
Besides that, it would help me a lot with my build.
I’ll be looking forward to see them.
Thank You
Jul

nearly done scratch build of Corel's King of Prussia from plans. just need to finish the back stays and hang the flag and pendant, make some rope hanks and a few minor touch ups on the finish. i milled the planking out of fir, but i dont recommend it, as the grain can be a bit rough and it does not bend well( it actually edge bends fairly easy though, go figure), and ordered the blocks and rigging line as needed. all else made on my mini table saw and latch, including anchors. i will post her in the completed builds forum when all done. any comments and / or criticism would be appreciated20210425_145055[714].jpg20210425_145236[717].jpg20210425_145150[715].jpg20210425_145226[716].jpg20210425_145236[717].jpg20210425_145346[718].jpg

nearly done scratch build of Corel's King of Prussia from plans. just need to finish the back stays and hang the flag and pendant, make some rope hanks and a few minor touch ups on the finish. i milled the planking out of fir, but i dont recommend it, as the grain can be a bit rough and it does not bend well( it actually edge bends fairly easy though, go figure), and ordered the blocks and rigging line as needed. all else made on my mini table saw and latch, including anchors. i will post her in the completed builds forum when all done. any comments and / or criticism would be appreciatedView attachment 229619View attachment 229622View attachment 229620View attachment 229621View attachment 229622View attachment 229623
This is a very nice model and shows precise work on your part stem to stern, keep to topmast. Well done. ;-) Rich (PT-2)

I'm building the IBG 1/700 scale Royal Navy destroyers assigned to the Polish Navy in World War Two. So far the three Hunt class destroyers have been attempted. There are four models because I repeated ORP Krakowiak ( front and rear) after research showed some flaws in the model. I also added metal gun barrels, PE doors, brass mast and got a little more ambitious with the rigging.
View attachment 184586View attachment 184587
Hallo @AlanJ
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I almost feel apologetic, posting my pictures amongst such superb wooden models. I've tried wooden models, but I can't keep my interest going for the months needed for a project!
fin 02.jpg
ICM 1/72 Seehund.

DSCF1360.JPG
ICM 1/144 Type IIB uboat

DSCF1741.JPGDSCF1742.JPG
Zvezda 1/350 Knyaz Suvorov.
The sea is DAS clay, applied in thin layers ( allowed to dry for a day or so between applications ) to minimise cracking, then sealed with dilute PVA and painted - I exclusively use acrylics, airbrushed for primers & basecoats, hairy stick for the rest.
I'm currently working on the Mirage 1/350 HMS Spiraea, but it has stalled at the moment.....................
DSCF1794.JPG

One thing I can say, is I don't need a lot of space to work on, or display my ship models!
Dave

Last edited:
Back