current build images Your actual Ship Modeling Project - briefly introduced at a glance -> present it here

Bluenose 1/64 working on booms & gaffs now.
View attachment 194242
Looks like great progress and nice work from the minidrone flying aloft. Are you going to try baggywinkle? I did an experiment with trimmed pipe cleaner wrapped around a small long needle and decided that it did not look good so I will probably not include that when I get to rigging in a universe far far away. . . . Rich

Looks like great progress and nice work from the minidrone flying aloft. Are you going to try baggywinkle? I did an experiment with trimmed pipe cleaner wrapped around a small long needle and decided that it did not look good so I will probably not include that when I get to rigging in a universe far far away. . . . Rich
I saw the term baggywrinkle on the plans but have no idea what that is. I just did it with a regular eye splice and hook to the boom on each side.

I saw the term baggywrinkle on the plans but have no idea what that is. I just did it with a regular eye splice and hook to the boom on each side.
If you Google up baggywinkle you should find that it is a shaggy wrapping around a line to protect the sails. Actual ones have fibers of almost a foot long and are wrapped for a couple of feet. Hard to get into scale in our models so mostly passed by. Rich (PT-2)

i think this the correct forum to post pictures of build in progress ( not a log ). been working on my version of the Mantua H.M.S. Shine over the holidays. as i have previously stated on another forum here, i was not very pleased with the quality of the kit, especially the scale of the fittings and the laser cutting. that being said i'm happy with the progress so far. i replaced mostly all of the supplied blocks and rigging cord with after market product, so let me know what you all think of her.20210116_120824[556].jpg20210116_120936[554].jpg20210116_120551[558].jpg20210116_121034[553].jpg20210116_115804[560].jpg

Wow! Beautiful work!
Still plodding along with my MS2130 Bluenose crafting each one of the deck housings with tedious multiple parts sanded and glued.. . nothing carved from solid stock which would be much easier than assembling the five sides of boxes onto a base. Keeping all sides square is a challenge but I knew that this would be a long project which I have expanded by referring to the old B/W photos for the fishing equipage presentation that I am taking. Rich (PT-2)

There is some great work on this forum, mine is not up to as high a level yet but I am happy with where I am at so far, here are a few pictures of my second build still a work in progress.
I think this model chose me, I wanted to try a level higher than my first build so it needed to have multiple decks, some canons, involve some painting and the Admiral advised it has to have sails plus I liked it's story once I learnt a bit more about it.
I think it's more a representation of the real ship rather than a super historic detailed model so I will take a bit of artistic license and try a few things not as per the instructions.
Here is my Occre - Revenge 1577

20200926_160450_HDR.jpg

20200929_164249_HDR.jpg

20201011_145428_HDR.jpg

20201024_103919_HDR.jpg

20201112_141256.jpg

20201209_165020.jpg

20201209_165035.jpg

20210225_104616.jpg

20210225_104702.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some great work on this forum, mine is not up to as high a level yet but I am happy with where I am at so far, here are a few pictures of my second build still a work in progress.
I think this model chose me, I wanted to try a level higher than my first build so it needed to have multiple decks, some canons, involve some painting and the Admiral advised it has to have sails plus I liked it's story once I learnt a bit more about it.
I think it's more a representation of the real ship rather than a super historic detailed model so I will take a bit of artistic license and try a few things not as per the instructions.
Here is my Occre - Revenge 1577

View attachment 216451

View attachment 216452

View attachment 216453

View attachment 216454

View attachment 216455

View attachment 216456

View attachment 216457

View attachment 216458

View attachment 216459
Hallo Richie,
Very good and accurate work you are showing us here. Your Port Jackson Schooner as your first built was already very good.
Maybe you show us your further work on the Revenge in a building log - would be interesting to see....

Fantastic ship Richie! Don't be afraid to stretch your skills to the limit, such as adding more detail to rigging by adding sails. If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing. There is plenty of support on the forum to help with answers to questions. There should be a step in the instructions to pick up the model and shake it upside down. Lots of wood shavings and bits came out of my model and I managed not to drop it on the floor and shipwreck it. Stuff always seems to find its way to the bilge.

Fantastic ship Richie! Don't be afraid to stretch your skills to the limit, such as adding more detail to rigging by adding sails. If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing. There is plenty of support on the forum to help with answers to questions. There should be a step in the instructions to pick up the model and shake it upside down. Lots of wood shavings and bits came out of my model and I managed not to drop it on the floor and shipwreck it. Stuff always seems to find its way to the bilge.
I call that the rattling of the skull and crossbones on my pirate ship.

Back