YQ Bluenose by Johan [COMPLETED BUILD]

All deadeyes for the fore-, main- and topmastshrouds are installed and shear poles and lanyards are in place. Initially I choose to not finish the shrouds, but later decided against it, because I couldn't stand the clutter of loose ropes dangling from the masts.
Currently I am in the process of terminating the lanyards, belaying them to the shrouds above the shear poles and tying them down onto themselves.
Once done with this little project, I'll make another bunch of photos, for now I only added a picture of the first three completed lanyards, including being tied off onto itself:

View attachment 377063
Good morning Johan. Spot on. Cheers Grant

This afternoon I could spend some time on the shipyard, allowing me to complete the installation of the main- and foremast shrouds. This means all lanyards are "tensioned" and tied off.
When viewed from a distance the overall view is nice, but any macro picture is condemning.

Left hand side view:
IMG_0276.jpeg
Right hand side view:
IMG_0275.jpeg
Detail of fore mast shrouds:
IMG_0274.jpeg
Detail of main mast shrouds:
IMG_0273.jpeg
Detail picture of all mast shrouds and lanyards:
IMG_0272.jpeg

This afternoon I could spend some time on the shipyard, allowing me to complete the installation of the main- and foremast shrouds. This means all lanyards are "tensioned" and tied off.
When viewed from a distance the overall view is nice, but any macro picture is condemning.

Left hand side view:
View attachment 377406
Right hand side view:
View attachment 377407
View attachment 377408
View attachment 377409
View attachment 377410
Yes! That give here literally and figuratively 'new lines'. Looking very nice, Johan.
Regards, Peter

Left hand side view:
View attachment 377406
Right hand side view:
View attachment 377407
View attachment 377408
View attachment 377409
View attachment 377410
You have a real beauty there Johan, something for me to strive for.

Yes! That give here literally and figuratively 'new lines'. Looking very nice, Johan.
Regards, Peter
I do like her looks, every step improves her appearance.
There's a rather fine line between too coarse and too finicky; the scale itself calls for rather intricate details, divide any dimension by 72 and... A real rope diameter of 25mm becomes 0,35mm, so before you know it the balance is gone.

Left hand side view:
View attachment 377406
Right hand side view:
View attachment 377407
View attachment 377408
View attachment 377409
View attachment 377410
Good evening Johan. You are owning this. Cheers Grant

Back