YUANQING BLUENOSE _ E J - Eugene Schmidt

Starting my build from the beginning -
The ordering process was flawless. Just a PM to Heinrich on Dec 5, with a reply the same day.
E mails in the meantime kept me up to date on progress.
Payment was flawless. Was notified on the 18th that the paypal bill was ready. Paid bill the same day.
Today, Dec 23, I got notification from Pay Pal that my order was shipped, including shipping data and tracking # from FedEx.

秀莉 added shipping details. Please note that the tracking information and shipping status are shown exactly as the seller entered them.
ShipperFedEx
Tracking number922932558947
Shipping statusShipped
If you have questions about the shipment, please contact yq.model@163.com
Seller
Xiuli
yq.model@163.com
Shipping address
3823 Wyoming Ave SW
Wyoming, MI 49519-3659
United States
DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount
Item Name: Payment to 秀莉 常 for invoice 0026$243.50 USD1$243.50 USD
Subtotal$243.50 USD
Shipping and handling$0.00 USD
Insurance$0.00 USD
Tax$0.00 USD
Total$243.50 USD
Payment$243.50 USD

Santa Clause DOES EXIST!!

EJ

It is absolutely wonderful to see the start of your Build Log Eugene. :) The more logs, the greater the input and the number of the photographs, which will all contribute to help new builders.Thumbsup

I can't believe it !!! This thing was shipped on the 23rd and is now just 2 miles from me :D , scheduled for delivery TODAY!!!!!

I'll be standing in the window, watching, watching, watching.

• Saturday , 12/26/2020
    5:28 am
    GRAND RAPIDS, MI
    At destination sort facility
  • 2:57 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Departed FedEx location
  • Friday , 12/25/2020
    12:39 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location
  • Thursday , 12/24/2020
    11:50 pm
    INCHEON-SI KR
    In transit
  • 11:48 pm
    INCHEON-SI KR
    In transit
  • 11:38 pm
    INCHEON-SI KR
    In transit
  • 7:17 pm
    BEIJING CN
    In transit
  • 5:35 pm
    BEIJING CN
    International shipment release - Export
  • 4:01 pm
    BEIJING CN
    In transit
  • 3:59 pm
    ANCHORAGE, AK
    Departed FedEx location
  • 2:11 pm
    ANCHORAGE, AK
    International shipment release - Import
  • 12:43 pm
    ANCHORAGE, AK
    Arrived at FedEx location
  • Wednesday , 12/23/2020
    7:19 pm
    QINGDAO CN
    In transit
  • 7:19 pm
    QINGDAO CN
    Left FedEx origin facility
  • 6:05 pm
    QINGDAO CN
    Picked up
    Package received after FedEx cutoff
  • 1:03 am

Shipment information sent to FedEx

SHE CAME TODAY!!

Posted the info on the payment and ordering page.

Everything is in good shape!

IMG_0197.JPG

Looks good under the tree

The box is in good shape

IMG_0198.JPG

The inside box is good too

IMG_0202.JPG

Everything looks to be fine

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

The plastic parts box was cracked and a baggie hanging out

IMG_0226.JPG

And the letter was to me

IMG_0227.JPG

Now, I just got to get some stuff off the bench.
Will be posting my TO DO model list next.

EJ

Last edited:
OK. I've got my Bluenose and peeked in the box. I want to start on her so bad my fingers itch.

BUT, I need to make some room for it. I am a "start and stop " builder, so I usually have several models in the works. Also, although most of them are ships/boats (floaties), I also do plastic kits.

Boat/ship kits in the works that need finishing. Some are really close to being done.

Just some rigging and do-da's

IMG_0203.JPG

Three canoes cedar, cherry, pear

IMG_0204.JPG

Kits in the stash

IMG_0209.JPG

The Newsboy is a solid hull

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

Plastic sailers

IMG_0216.JPG

I love aircraft carriers.

The Revell ESSEX is a vintage kit I built when I was about 16 years old, then later served on her in this kit's configuration. Got a ton of aftermarket to make this one "MY SHIP".
The "WASP" kit will be tweaked to become "ESSEX, LHD-2". She is part of the USS ESSEX CV/CVA/CVS-9/LHD-2 Association, of which I'm the Assistant Treasurer / Bookeeper.

IMG_0217.JPG

Other military ships

IMG_0218.JPG

Landing craft

IMG_0219.JPG

This LCM(3) will be three kits, the LCM, Medical jeep and Medical ambulance with full crews for each.

IMG_0220.JPG

Civilian ships

IMG_0221.JPG

Misc kits. The Virginia is a solid hull kit. The aircraft are of the types that were aboard ESSEX when I was aboard. I have the E-1B Tracer, the Sea Sprite's and the "Angel" as well, all in 1/48 scale.

IMG_0222.JPG

Wood aircraft. The Guillows DC3. I was flown from boot camp to my first duty station, The ESSEX, on a DC3. My first ever airplane ride. Need to finish up the vac form engine cowls and landing gear

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

The 1/350 Missouri, 1944 in progress.

IMG_0223.JPG

There's more too, but you get the idea. I want to get the sailboat, canoes and the DC3 off the bench for sure. They take up a lot of real estate. Then - The Bluenose

EJ

Last edited:
Wow, you’ve got a great private hobby store. So what do you do in your spare time?
BTW I like your flag.

Jan

Thanks. The flag is the "First Navy Jack". Appropriate for a "permanently homeported" sailor.

It is flown from the Jack Staff of U.S. Naval ships while in port or at anchor.

It was flown from US Navy ships from 1775 / 1776. Then the jack was changed to the Union Jack with the stars on a blue field.

This flag was re-instated for the Bicentennial and used from 1975/1976.

Again reinstated on Sept 11, 2002 for the War on Terrorism, remaining in use until June 4, 2019 when the Jack returned to the Union Jack.

It is now flown only on the oldest U.S. Navy warship presently in active commission, presently, the USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19).

Thanks. The flag is the "First Navy Jack". Appropriate for a "permanently homeported" sailor.

It is flown from the Jack Staff of U.S. Naval ships while in port or at anchor.

It was flown from US Navy ships from 1775 / 1776. Then the jack was changed to the Union Jack with the stars on a blue field.

This flag was re-instated for the Bicentennial and used from 1975/1976.

Again reinstated on Sept 11, 2002 for the War on Terrorism, remaining in use until June 4, 2019 when the Jack returned to the Union Jack.

It is now flown only on the oldest U.S. Navy warship presently in active commission, presently, the USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19).

That is great information, I confound my neighbors, I have about a dozen historical flags that I fly in random order. The favorites being Ft. McHenry and the Missouri Compromise. It’s sort of a neighborhood civic lesson.

Jan

OK. I've got my Bluenose and peeked in the box. I want to start on her so bad my fingers itch.

BUT, I need to make some room for it. I am a "start and stop " builder, so I usually have several models in the works. Also, although most of them are ships/boats (floaties), I also do plastic kits.

Boat/ship kits in the works that need finishing. Some are really close to being done.

Just some rigging and do-da's

View attachment 202660

Three canoes cedar, cherry, pear

View attachment 202661

Kits in the stash

View attachment 202662

The Newsboy is a solid hull

View attachment 202663

View attachment 202670

View attachment 202672

Plastic sailers

View attachment 202673

I love aircraft carriers.

The Revell ESSEX is a vintage kit I built when I was about 16 years old, then later served on her in this kit's configuration. Got a ton of aftermarket to make this one "MY SHIP".
The "WASP" kit will be tweaked to become "ESSEX, LHD-2". She is part of the USS ESSEX CV/CVA/CVS-9/LHD-2 Association, of which I'm the Assistant Treasurer / Bookeeper.

View attachment 202679

Other military ships

View attachment 202682

Landing craft

View attachment 202683

This LCM(3) will be three kits, the LCM, Medical jeep and Medical ambulance with full crews for each.

View attachment 202684

Civilian ships

View attachment 202685

Misc kits. The Virginia is a solid hull kit. The aircraft are of the types that were aboard ESSEX when I was aboard. I have the E-1B Tracer, the Sea Sprite's and the "Angel" as well, all in 1/48 scale.

View attachment 202686

Wood aircraft. The Guillows DC3. I was flown from boot camp to my first duty station, The ESSEX, on a DC3. My first ever airplane ride. Need to finish up the vac form engine cowls and landing gear

View attachment 202687

View attachment 202688

The 1/350 Missouri, 1944 in progress.

View attachment 202689

There's more too, but you get the idea. I want to get the sailboat, canoes and the DC3 off the bench for sure. They take up a lot of real estate. Then - The Bluenose

EJ
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Back