YUANQING BLUENOSE _ E J - Eugene Schmidt

The 1 : 1 entry door and storm door replacement job on Thursday and Friday went well. No pics as I forgot my camera. I was a bit sore over the weekend though. Being 79 might explain that. Maybe I should retire from that stuff. I'll go for 80.

Had a special request for a memorial bench for an old customer, so built that on Monday and Tuesday. Made of clear western sugar pine.

IMG_1406.jpg

Then, got a bit more done on Bluenose #22. Up to frame 20 sanded and faired in, stored on the jig. I see that the frames from 21 on for a while have a lot less fairing in to do, at least until the aft area begins to taper in to the stern.

IMG_0253.JPG

21 thru 26 glued up.

IMG_0254.JPG

This many to go.

IMG_0255.JPG

Keepin on keepin on.

EJ

The 1 : 1 entry door and storm door replacement job on Thursday and Friday went well. No pics as I forgot my camera. I was a bit sore over the weekend though. Being 79 might explain that. Maybe I should retire from that stuff. I'll go for 80.

Had a special request for a memorial bench for an old customer, so built that on Monday and Tuesday. Made of clear western sugar pine.

View attachment 210989

Then, got a bit more done on Bluenose #22. Up to frame 20 sanded and faired in, stored on the jig. I see that the frames from 21 on for a while have a lot less fairing in to do, at least until the aft area begins to taper in to the stern.

View attachment 210986

21 thru 26 glued up.

View attachment 210987

This many to go.

View attachment 210988

Keepin on keepin on.

EJ
You're doing great work! Keep chipping away, and before you know it, you are at frame 55! The last 6 frames are halves for the tail section of the keel. They are small and go quick! ;)

Enjoying this build great work....I know there are no silly questions but watch this....

1. Are the full ribs provided in multiple parts each which have to be end glued together to complete the rib ( as per last photo above with many clamps)
2. Do you glue the ribs to the jig for rigidity knowing that the tops of the ribs are cut off below their attachment to the jig...?

Starting my build from the beginning -
The ordering process was flawless. Just a PM to Heinrich on Dec 5, with a reply the same day.
E mails in the meantime kept me up to date on progress.
Payment was flawless. Was notified on the 18th that the paypal bill was ready. Paid bill the same day.
EJ
Hallo Eugene, alias @MM2CVS9
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

And - as usual, I am late to the felicitations. A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EJ! Thank you for your support and for your most valuable contributions to the Group Build! May there be many more to come!

You're doing great work! Keep chipping away, and before you know it, you are at frame 55! The last 6 frames are halves for the tail section of the keel. They are small and go quick! ;)
I love Dean's encouragement and thought of the speed of completion of some frames . . . all from his level of skill which most of the crew are striving to approach. "they are small and go quick" Really????? Small yes but the speed is a good question. Rich

I love Dean's encouragement and thought of the speed of completion of some frames . . . all from his level of skill which most of the crew are striving to approach. "they are small and go quick" Really????? Small yes but the speed is a good question. Rich
I was speaking by comparison. The larger frames have 7 pieces, and are longer. The half frames have less pieces and are much shorter. Therefore less work in comparison. And thus quicker to complete. ;)

I was speaking by comparison. The larger frames have 7 pieces, and are longer. The half frames have less pieces and are much shorter. Therefore less work in comparison. And thus quicker to complete. ;)
Well done on your voyage of time and crafting. Rich

Hello Eugene. Great job and that cathedral shot is just as impressive as I remember! I am sure that you had a nice sense of accomplishment upon the completion of this stage! Thumbsup Explosion

Back