YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo @Peter Voogt
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day
Bottle Er is er een jarig hoera hoera en dat kun je wel zien dat is Peter. Bottle
Gefeliciteerd​
Hello Peter, just catching up on your build and while I'm at it HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag Peter Birthday-Cake .
Maak er een mooie dag van.
My best wishes for a very happy birthday Peter.
Awesome Peter! I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebrating with family and friends!
Happy Birthday Peter! Have a great day!

ps - funny mine is on the 29th ;)
My international forum friends Uwe, Stephan, Daniel, Herman, Roger, Paul and Dean: Thank you very much!!!!
Tonight some overdue celebrations in a floating restaurant in the Old Harbor of the fortified city of Woudrichem with my brother, sisters, some friends and there loved ones.:)
57926363-47AC-49B8-8870-2BA5566736C0.jpeg
The small ships are ‘Zalmschouwen’. These small fishing boats, without stays, used to fish for salmon on the river.
44DE7275-9BA7-4C55-807E-C1278E7C48E2.jpeg
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
My international forum friends Uwe, Stephan, Daniel, Herman, Roger, Paul and Dean: Thank you very much!!!!
Tonight some overdue celebrations in a floating restaurant in the Old Harbor of the fortified city of Woudrichem with my brother, sisters, some friends and there loved ones.:)
View attachment 364533
The small ships are ‘Zalmschouwen’. These small fishing boats, without stays, used to fish for salmon on the river.
View attachment 364534
Regards, Peter
Beautiful...enjoy!!! ;)

In days of old, in the city of Dordrecht, it was not allowed to have salmon on the menu more than once a week for the maids of the house. Apparently salmon was more than abundant in those days.
(Present day: not a single salmon...)

Good evening on this your birthday Peter. I wish you the best of times!! Cheers Grant
Peter, van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!
Birthday-Cake PopcornBottle
Wow, so many congratulations! I am with others and add my voice to the choir of beautiful wishes. Have many happy and healthy years ahead!
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag! Birthday-Cake
My National and International forum friends Johan, Grant and Jim: you also thanks very much!
Regards, Peter

In days of old, in the city of Dordrecht, it was not allowed to have salmon on the menu more than once a week for the maids of the house. Apparently salmon was more than abundant in those days.
(Present day: not a single salmon...)
That’s right, Johan. Also here in Wourkum often heard: “O no, not again!” o_O
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Ok - I am late again! Dear Peter - a very happy birthday to you! I trust that the night out (with or without salmon) was indeed a memorable one.

Off the topic, but here I go. Scania (Swedish truck manufacturer) has just opened a new production plant in Nantong and between now and January 2024, more than 100 families from Sweden, the Netherlands and Brazil, will relocate to Nantong. Yesterday. I had a meeting with one of the senior managers - Tom from Zwolle in the Netherlands. I told him all about SOS and the number of Dutch members and he seemed genuinely interested. He is a super nice fellow, so I hope I will have at least one Dutch friend in Nantong from now on.

I had a meeting with one of the senior managers - Tom from Zwolle in the Netherlands.
I've been a lot on the factory in Zwolle in 1995. I worked for Be ers in that time. Don't know if I met him, but there where a lot of bobo's that where in the meetings in that time. A lot of nice people I met in that time. And the factory was impressive to visit.

Ok - I am late again! Dear Peter - a very happy birthday to you! I trust that the night out (with or without salmon) was indeed a memorable one.

Off the topic, but here I go. Scania (Swedish truck manufacturer) has just opened a new production plant in Nantong and between now and January 2024, more than 100 families from Sweden, the Netherlands and Brazil, will relocate to Nantong. Yesterday. I had a meeting with one of the senior managers - Tom from Zwolle in the Netherlands. I told him all about SOS and the number of Dutch members and he seemed genuinely interested. He is a super nice fellow, so I hope I will have at least one Dutch friend in Nantong from now on.
No problem for being late, Heinrich. I appreciate it very much. The ‘Birthday‘ is just for one day. My ‘new age’ is for a full year.:)
It’s nice to have such International contacts and to here about you meeting with the ‘Dutch Tom’. Although I don’t know him, please ‘doe hem de hartelijke groeten van één van die Nederlandse SoS leden.”
Gr. Peter

Started to make the rope hanks. Several examples studied. It can be done with a single loop or with several round turns:
1163 Rope.jpg
My preference is for the left picture. The right shows more of a rope that is not available for immediate use. On scale it is a bit easier to keep it all together. But we don't go for the 'easy'.....

Started with a few samples. Made a template:
1162 Rope.jpg
The bottom stroke has a loop upwards that is threaded through once out of the jig.
Lubricate with diluted PVA after clamping.

Started around the main mast:
1160 Rope.jpg
With a unwilling one.

A few hanging straight down and a pair hanging over a bitt:
1161 Rope.jpg
It is quite difficult to give it a slightly natural drooping appearance on this scale.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Started to make the rope hanks. Several examples studied. It can be done with a single loop or with several round turns:
View attachment 364947
My preference is for the left picture. The right shows more of a rope that is not available for immediate use. On scale it is a bit easier to keep it all together. But we don't go for the 'easy'.....

Started with a few samples. Made a template:
View attachment 364946
The bottom stroke has a loop upwards that is threaded through once out of the jig.

Started around the main mast:
View attachment 364943
With a unwilling one.

A few hanging straight down and a pair hanging over a bitt:
View attachment 364945
It is quite difficult to give it a slightly natural drooping appearance on this scale.
Regards, Peter
Difficult indeed, my polyester rope caries so much internal torsion it's almost impossible for me to get the natural drop of gravity look.

Back