![]() |
The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026! Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue. NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026 |
![]() |
![]() |
As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering. |
![]() |
Thanks for the compliments, Shota. Much appreciated.Dear Peter,
Congratulations , you have done wonderful Job, I love all of that detail that you have added to your beautiful YQ Bluenose
You also thanks for the compliments, Tony.While I try to get around the boards here this is the first I'm seeing this. Absolutely spectacular work. Congrats !
Thanks Peter!Hi Vic. This case is made from 3mm glass plates. I used the side profiles from -> Occre <-- In the blue text the link.
Building the case for the Bluenose started --> here <--. The second picture showed the brass corner pieces, but I don't used them.
The build goes on for 'a few pages'.The finish is on page 171 post #3418.
But making the bottom with the LED's was 'a challenging activity'. You better can make the bottom like I showed you in the answer in the -> Robt. E. Lee thread. <-
Cleaning the glass plates is a bit easier than acrylic / plexiglass. But glass is much heavier. -> Here <-- I showed the calculation of the weight.
Hopefully this all will give you some information and inspiration for building yours.
Regards, Peter
Beautiful kit21/12/2020 13:30 PM, suona il campanello: FedEx con un pacco per il signor P. Voogt:
View attachment 200339
View attachment 200510
"Condizionato" ho aperto rapidamente il pacco e dentro una bella scatola ho notato che non c'era alcun danno:
View attachment 200341
View attachment 200342
Riposti in modo sicuro nella vetrina di The Lee. Per resistere alla tentazione di iniziare subito:
View attachment 200343
(La struttura del cavo nella parte superiore serve per spostare facilmente la teca sopra e fuori dal modello quando ci lavoro.)
Cordiali saluti, Peter
Thanks for your visit, Oscar. It’s indeed a nice kit. And as you can see from all the logs in the Group Build Area, you can build it in many directions. From ‘a straight build’ to ‘kit-bashing’ to ‘out of the box’.Beautiful kit
Thanks for your visit and compliments. I had noticed your finished GLT with nice sails. The little people gives a nice reference for the size of this great BN competitor.Beautyful job Peter, incredible detail. I finished a 1:96 model of the Gertrude L. Thebaud not too long ago and had great fun doing it. I especially enjoy the research and seeing schooner take shape.
View attachment 523030
View attachment 523031
View attachment 523032

Was this from a kit? If so what mfg. and date?Beautyful job Peter, incredible detail. I finished a 1:96 model of the Gertrude L. Thebaud not too long ago and had great fun doing it. I especially enjoy the research and seeing schooner take shape.
View attachment 523030
View attachment 523031
View attachment 523032
Thanks for the comments.Was this from a kit? If so what mfg. and date?
Wonderful model. Beautiful work. One of my favorites of this class of schooner, taking a far too back seat to the more famous Bluenose.

Thanks for your nice words and compliments, Bill. As I wrote in another thread, it's a compromise between the nice YQ-kit and the studies of Chapelle, Jenson, Lankford and Eisnor. And of course some AL-FI ....Better late than never...Peter, your work is truly inspiring and your YuanQing Bluenose is serving as inspiration for my humble MS Bluenose. Awesome work, Sir!
You also thanks for the visit in the IMM and the nice conversation, Jose. But also thanks for the compliments, nice words and visiting my BN-build-log.Hello Peter,
Many thanks for the pleasant conversation today at the 4th International Ship Model Building Days at the International Maritime Museum in Hamburg. I am thrilled with your "Bluenose." The photos in this thread already demonstrate your exceptional skill. In person, your "Bluenose" looks simply breathtaking.
„Chapeau!“
Regards

