ZHL Le Soleil Royal

Good morning Jay. Looking very good indeed. Man you guys in the States go big - 10000 cars in a show is incredible. Enjoy. Cheers Grant
So far so good Grant. Lots of great looking vehicles here. The Gulfport police even brought their SWAT wagon to the show. Most shows only have a few hundred to less than a thousand cars so this one is definitely over the top.

Jay Glad to see you back on the site You mentioned classic car shows I am from reno Nevada, and we Have Hot August nights, went every year, Great time many cars, I have a High School Buddy who restores Classic cars, He has a restored 61 Chev 2 door hardtop with a Z06 Corvette motor and a 64 Malibu SS covetable completely stock nice stuff so we have something to cruise in!! Next year my wife and I will be in reno during the event, its been a few years now that I live in the Philippines, so i am looking forward to it!!! Don't get me started I love Classic cars
Bandido, had once considered moving to Carson City. I’m familiar with Hot August nights. I used to have a 55 Buick Roadmaster and a 55 Chevy Sedan Delivery. Loved the Jeepneys when I was in the Philippines.

Bandido, had once considered moving to Carson City. I’m familiar with Hot August nights. I used to have a 55 Buick Roadmaster and a 55 Chevy Sedan Delivery. Loved the Jeepneys when I was in the Philippines.
I lived in Bonners ferry Ida before I moved here and I have a friend there his brother has an old 55 Buick 2 door Roadmaster sitting in their garage stock as the day it was made, still runs!! Tried to buy it once they wouldn't sell it,

I lived in Bonners ferry Ida before I moved here and I have a friend there his brother has an old 55 Buick 2 door Roadmaster sitting in their garage stock as the day it was made, still runs!! Tried to buy it once they wouldn't sell it,
Mine was a two door also, power windows, power seats. It even had the original Kleenex box holder. The trunk was so big I could sneak 5 or 6 kids into the drive-in movie when I was in high school.

Welp, I received the Soleil Royal from ZHL today. It took 8 days from shipping date, pretty good I think. Thought I would go ahead and start a build log and show the packaging. Still need to do an inventory of the parts. Won’t start working on it till I finish the Black Pearl though.
Hallo @Jay
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I finished planking on the starboard side and then started planking the aft side. Finished that and just needs a bit of trimming.

IMG_1602.jpeg

Most of the aft side will be covered with blue paint, windows, doors and bling.

I decided to test fit the balcony floors before I started planking them.

IMG_1604.jpeg

Finished planking the front of the ship. A little trimming is needed. Does anyone else wonder why the two cannons on the bottom are there?

IMG_1743.jpeg

Also finished planking the rudder.

IMG_1752.jpeg

Finished planking the port side of the ship.

IMG_1753.jpeg

Now to figure out how to do the balconies on the sides of the ship. It looks confusing to me.

I finished planking on the starboard side and then started planking the aft side. Finished that and just needs a bit of trimming.

View attachment 391321

View attachment 391322

Finished planking the front of the ship. A little trimming is needed. Does anyone else wonder why the two cannons on the bottom are there?

View attachment 391327

View attachment 391338

View attachment 391339

Now to figure out how to do the balconies on the sides of the ship. It looks confusing to me.
You’ve made some good progress there, Jay. You’re making those “nimble” fingers fly! Those bottom guns are there to shoot the spritsail to pieces. They actually should be angled up considerably to get some distance since they’re chase guns. And the balconies on the sides confuse me too, even though I’ve already done them. Mine didn’t look as good as Gilbert’s or some of the other ones. After I covered it with bling, it didn’t show as much. But if you have some specific questions, I’ll be glad to reminisce for you.

You’ve made some good progress there, Jay. You’re making those “nimble” fingers fly! Those bottom guns are there to shoot the spritsail to pieces. They actually should be angled up considerably to get some distance since they’re chase guns. And the balconies on the sides confuse me too, even though I’ve already done them. Mine didn’t look as good as Gilbert’s or some of the other ones. After I covered it with bling, it didn’t show as much. But if you have some specific questions, I’ll be glad to reminisce for you.
Thanks Vic, I am going to dry fit the parts and see how it works. I will definitely let you know if I have any questions.
Hope you’re celebrating tonight.

Thanks Vic, I am going to dry fit the parts and see how it works. I will definitely let you know if I have any questions.
Hope you’re celebrating tonight.
Wilco on the celebrating! Good idea on the dry fitting. If I had it to do over again, I would have installed the sides before the back. The angles didn’t turn out right where the side and aft galleries met.

View attachment 391321

View attachment 391322

View attachment 391327

View attachment 391338

View attachment 391339

Hi Jay
Great to see you back working on the Soleil Royal
Have fun

Back