ZHL motorised Rope Walk, by neptune,

You shouldn't have any issues with the electrical hookups. It's pretty straightforward. If you get stuck, let me know. I can help you out.

Thank you Jack, I've run in to a little bit of a problem, I have all the English translation, but I am missing pages 11 to 16 of the construction photo's, I dont suppose you would have them, it would be great if you do, would help me a lot,

best regards john,

SoS crew have a vast range of expertise which is available when needs arise. This is a great resource of SoS for all of us. Rich (PT-2)
Yes you are spot on there Rich and everyone helps so much,

best regards john,

32.jpg
After another coat of varnish, and all the hinges and catch's attached,

33.jpg
the control panel in the lifted position,

34.jpg
another view,

35.jpg
Tension wheel attached,

36.jpg
and the take up spool in place,

37.jpg
a view of some of the wiring,

38.jpg
another view,

39.jpg
and with the infra red parts attached,

Last edited:
Thank you Jack, I've run in to a little bit of a problem, I have all the English translation, but I am missing pages 11 to 16 of the construction photo's, I dont suppose you would have them, it would be great if you do, would help me a lot,

best regards john,
I don't but if you send a message to Max, the guy from ZHL, he should be able to get that for you.

I think the email is modelshipkit@gmail.com

Last edited:
For a ropewalk this looks to be a complicated machine. Every ropewalk design I have seen is very simple. Mine is homemade and uses a drill to speed up the making of rope.

Marcus

i looks complicated, but it isn't. you have a speed controller for the big wheel, you have a forward/reverse switch for that big wheel, and you have a speed controller for the large bobbin. that's it. The thing on the right of the machine is to load up the small bobbins with thread. It runs too fast and I don't use it because it's dangerous. I am thinking of a way to add a speed controller to that motor as well, although it's not really required. What do you think, Neptune?

It's looks great but it's all about the ropes it produces. I bought a Dominoff machine years ago, made single ropes ok but I could not get double/triple ropes to work. Ended up making my own machine, using parts from it. Works beautifully., although it only does lengths 3-4m, depending on the length of the room I'm in, lol. Use polyester threads, love the end result. Good luck.

Well I was lucky, I got in touch with my friend Greg and he found the pics that I needed,

40.jpg
There are a lot of wires, but i managed to sort them all out,

42.jpg
This is the wiring for the LED lights,

45.jpg
all the wiring tied up and laid in the bottom of the control box,

46.jpg
all shut and screwed down,

47.jpg
Just fixing the corner protectors in place, gave me a chance to try out my new cordless mini drill,

48.jpg
a better pic, the chuck I added myself, the drill is small and light and drills in wood no worries,

49.jpg
The corner protectors in place,

50.jpg
and a view with the cooling fins attached, that's all the electrics done now, just wanted to say to Jack, everything works fine except for the bobbin reel on the right hand side, when I turn it on it goes like crazy and there doesn't seem as if there is any way to control it, and also it will not turn off, I might do what you mentioned and see if I can get a on off variable speed controller, apart from that the take up bobbin and the motor for the planetary discs work just great, I have put it aside for now and will try and get the variable speed controller, then it will be assembling the planetary discs, thanks everyone for looking in and all the help and comments,

best regards john,

Last edited:
View attachment 266412
Just fixing the corner protectors in place, gave me a chance to try out my new cordless mini drill,

View attachment 266413
a better pic, the chuck I added myself, the drill is small and light and drills in wood no worries,

View attachment 266414
The corner protectors in place,

View attachment 266415
and a view with the cooling fins attached, that's all the electrics done now, just wanted to say to Jack, everything works fine except for the bobbin reel on the right hand side, when I turn it on it goes like crazy and there doesn't seem as if there is any way to control it, and also it will not turn off, I might do what you mentioned and see if I can get a on off variable speed controller, apart from that the take up bobbin and the motor for the planetary discs work just great, I have put it aside for now and will try and get the variable speed controller, then it will be assembling the planetary discs, thanks everyone for looking in and all the help and comments,

best regards john,

OK. so you are having the same issue as me when it comes to that bobbin thing. I ordered a 12 V PWM speed controller. 12$ on Banggood.com. Hopefully that will work. ABout not turning off, did you try breaking the beam between the two IR sensors? You may have to adjust the position of those sensors too.

OK. so you are having the same issue as me when it comes to that bobbin thing. I ordered a 12 V PWM speed controller. 12$ on Banggood.com. Hopefully that will work. ABout not turning off, did you try breaking the beam between the two IR sensors? You may have to adjust the position of those sensors too.

G'day Jack, I cannot see any beam between the sensors, is there a visible light on your machine,
Best regards John,

Back