1/200 Titanic hull painted

Nice. I got the plates ordered. I am looking forward to seeing these on the ship!

I have thought of ordering the funnels from a different manufacturer, the name escapes me. But they exist on Facebook anyway. China 3d printing or some such. I'd like to see what I can do with the kit funnels first.

I have been looking for the right colour to paint the inside of the bulwalks for ages and I believe that I have finally found a spray paint by Revell models which is near to perfect.
it’s looks a little bit orange when first sprayed, but when it drys, it changes.

Try it and see for yourselves.

Attachments

• D0E17E9C-538A-4815-BB62-EF769C525A97.jpeg
    D0E17E9C-538A-4815-BB62-EF769C525A97.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Modern technology makes me wonder every time I see such detailed parts, at the same time it takes away the handcrafted process and joy fabricate parts ourselves. :cool:

I bought the Model Monkey resin funnels for my 1/200 Titanic and today decided to do some test fits.
if you are going to install them, you will need to cut away the areas where the funnels sit from the inside.
and cut a 2mm channel on the Center line of the raised lip front and back.
once this is done the funnels will sit snugly
I hope this helps anyone who is considering using these funnels.

Attachments

• DF968ED8-DDD0-4BE5-B036-7302B01F7CD9.jpeg
    DF968ED8-DDD0-4BE5-B036-7302B01F7CD9.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 6DD80C86-7545-469B-B493-5EE8B7FD90AA.jpeg
    6DD80C86-7545-469B-B493-5EE8B7FD90AA.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 87
I bought the Model Monkey resin funnels for my 1/200 Titanic and today decided to do some test fits.
if you are going to install them, you will need to cut away the areas where the funnels sit from the inside.
and cut a 2mm channel on the Center line of the raised lip front and back.
once this is done the funnels will sit snugly
I hope this helps anyone who is considering using these funnels.
Thanks for the information about the funnels. I’ve been pondering them for my build when the time comes. Do you think that the brass shroud brackets and painter shieves from the MK.1 upgrade kit would still be necessary or are they reproduced adequately in the 3d print?

Thanks for the information about the funnels. I’ve been pondering them for my build when the time comes. Do you think that the brass shroud brackets and painter shieves from the MK.1 upgrade kit would still be necessary or are they reproduced adequately in the 3d print?
You will most likely have to use the brass shroud brackets from the MK1 upgrade set.
although the detail is really good on the Model Monkey funnels (the shroud attachment points could be better).
Take care removing the support structure from inside the funnels and at the base as the pipes on the outside of the funnels are very brittle.
cutting the support frame away from inside the top of the funnels is quite tricky particularly on funnel no:4.
(Look at the pictures of the funnels I put on an earlier post and you will see the supporting frame inside).

Last edited:
I have been playing around with different colours for the Titanic funnels and found that "Mission Models paint

"MMP-039 British sand yellow modern AFV" is a very close match to the correct colour.

I also mixed Mission Models paint "MMP-081 LRDG Pink, but felt that it was too pink and not necessary.

The light in the attached image alters the colour, but when you see the colour in front of you its near to a perfect match.

I hope this info is helpful.

Have a fun weekend.

Beau.

20220227_100644.jpg

You need a tad more yellow on those funnels Old Chap. They look faded. She was a brand new ship. Just a hint on perfecting what will be a great piece of craftsmanship.

The light in the picture effects the real colour.
So you can't see what it is really like unless you see the painted parts in front of you.
Best to buy a bottle of MMP-039 British sand yellow modern AFV" and give it a try :).

Hi Everyone.
this morning I received the two volumes of the “Titanic the ship magnificent” by Beveridge Andrews Hall and kilstrner Braunschweiger.
the imforrmation, images and drawings are incredible, a lot of which I haven’t seen before.
volume one covers the design and construction of the ship and volume two covers the interior design and fitting out.
I am doing the interior of the public spaces and photo etched brass superstructure from woodys model works.
these books are a must particularly for the interior details as a reference.
Beau.

Last edited:
Hi Beau,
that model looks fantastic so far. There is a You tube channel called John builds iconic military vehicles. He is using those upgrades on his model.

Hi Bryan,
Thank you for your compliments on my model of the Titanic, although I have already done a lot of work on the model
the real work is going to start now.
Beau.

From the "real eye" it is nearly impossible to capture that "real color" from any camera. The reasons are many (as I struggle with this too). In case anyone is interested these things affect the color as it finally is seen on other users monitors and PC's, MAC's etc.

1. Lighting (what type)
2. Camera settings
3. Graphic software usage or no usage
4. how your own monitor is set up to perceive the colors.
5. other people and how they have their computer monitor set up and the lighting conditions they are viewing from their room.

Back