1682 HMY Fubbs 1:24 scale

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a lot of sole searching and lots of research on the HMY Fubbs sails and rigging we have decided to take Arthur's recommendations and add the crows feet for lack of a better word to the top end of the Lateen Spar Boom as the way we had planed it looked just a bit plain and out of place. WE have added the Lateen Spar lift blocks and a cleat on the lower Mizzen mast. We have also added the top end of the Lateen Spar lifting rigging and also added a cleat to the lower Mizzen Mast. This may not be the exact way that the Mizzen was rigged on the HMY Fubbs, but we believe it just may have been this way. We do welcome any comments that our ship mates may have, good or bad we will look at them all.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 466271

View attachment 466272

View attachment 466273

View attachment 466274
Good morning Lawrence. Crows feet terrify meROTF. If I choose to rig my Bounty accurately I have some coming up….Eish. Well done on yours- good inclusion. Cheers Grant

Good morning Lawrence. Crows feet terrify meROTF. If I choose to rig my Bounty accurately I have some coming up….Eish. Well done on yours- good inclusion. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant I thank you for your very cherry words and overly nice comments. I do realize that Crows Feet is not the proper term but it is the best expiation that I could come up with. Will have to do a bit of research on that one!
Regards Lawrence

There's a detailed drawing of them in Petersson's book. I can post or PM you a copy if you want one.

There's a detailed drawing of them in Petersson's book. I can post or PM you a copy if you want one.
Hello Arthur, Thanks for your very generous offer on the Crowsfeet, but I do have that book. I do believe you are referring to the drawings on page 15. In looking back to your drawings and the wright up that you sent to me a few days ago I had this arrangement at the top of the Lateen Yard was also called Crowsfeet. Seams like my prospect vision is not all that good these days, I am due for eye surgery early next month, thanks for your help and understanding.
Regards Lawrence

Capture.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I have built and served the Cross Jack Sling, we still have to construct the Cross Jack Truss Pendant before we can add the Cross Jack Yard to our HMY Fubbs. We have also rebuilt the Crows Foot at the top of the Lateen Yard as the previous one just did not add up.
Regards Lawrence

20240823_160211.jpg

20240824_091035.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have been working on the Cross Jack Yard for the last couple of days attaching all of the detail that goes with this yard enabling a ship to sail. I had forgotten all of this detail and the more that I got into it the more surprised I became.
We will begin later this afternoon to attach this yard to the Mizzen mast.
Regards Lawrence

20240825_112502.jpg

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have installed the Cross Jack Yard, we have built the Cross Jack Truss Pendant and added a set of blocks and secured them to the foot of the Mizzen Mast and then to a cleat on the mast it's self. We have added and installed the Cross Jack Sling. Now we can move on to the Cross Jack Lifts.

20240827_085452.jpg

20240827_085908.jpg

20240827_085936.jpg

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have installed the Cross Jack Yard, we have built the Cross Jack Truss Pendant and added a set of blocks and secured them to the foot of the Mizzen Mast and then to a cleat on the mast it's self. We have added and installed the Cross Jack Sling. Now we can move on to the Cross Jack Lifts.

View attachment 467663

View attachment 467664

View attachment 467665
Good morning Lawrence. Getting plenty of accurate details in the rigging. The way it should be Lawrence- Bravo. Cheers Grant

Good morning Arthur. I’m a bit late on the uptake here. Sorry. A P.M would be appreciated. Thank you. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, Here are a couple of pictures of the Crows Feet that I built on my Oliver Cromwell a couple of years ago. If you still need the sketch out of Petersson's book please let me know and I will scan it for you.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5859.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

Good morning Lawrence. Getting plenty of accurate details in the rigging. The way it should be Lawrence- Bravo. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, I thank you for your visit to my build log on the HMY Fubbs. I do not have a hole lot of rigging information and a lot of my troubles is the lack of the Main Mast Shrouds to use as bracings, I try to do the best I can with what I have to work with. But then again I find this sort of thing very challenging and enjoyable.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have installed the Cross Jack Lift and installed a couple of cleats on the inside of the ships hull to terminate the halyards. We have built and installed the braces for the Cross Jack Yard and also for the Lateen Boom, this was quite a task as these braces should have gone to the Mane Mast Shrouds, these I did not have to work with so after a lot of trials and errors we decided to terminate the bracing halyards and there block rigging on the outside hull on and around the Main Mast Channels, and dead eyes this is the most likely place I could come up with.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have installed the Cross Jack Lift and installed a couple of cleats on the inside of the ships hull to terminate the halyards. We have built and installed the braces for the Cross Jack Yard and also for the Lateen Boom, this was quite a task as these braces should have gone to the Mane Mast Shrouds, these I did not have to work with so after a lot of trials and errors we decided to terminate the bracing halyards and there block rigging on the outside hull on and around the Main Mast Channels, and dead eyes this is the most likely place I could come up with.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 467996

View attachment 467997

View attachment 467998
It's gonna be very busy on the mast, Lawrence. Nice work!
Regards, Peter

Back