Amati Riva Aquarama by Ken [COMPLETED BUILD]

Exquisitely crafted build, Ken! Those outdoor shots really made her come alive. I can just hear the gurgle of that Lamborghini with the water coiling furiously behind those water outlets. Superb, Young man!

Excellent job Ken! I’d say your friend is lucky, and owes you a few rounds at the pub! ;)
Hi Dean, Thanks for your compliment. I think that we’re both lucky, I haven’t got room to display any more models and this wasn’t the type that I would have bought anyway, but got to enjoy it. With this arrangement I get to build a veriety of models at no cost, I’ve already done a few for him and he has a few more in the pipeline, I get to choose from a selection of the ones that he likes, I think the next one that he wants is the ME 109 from Artisina Latina, an open frame made from photo etch, now there’s something different.

Exquisitely crafted build, Ken! Those outdoor shots really made her come alive. I can just hear the gurgle of that Lamborghini with the water coiling furiously behind those water outlets. Superb, Young man!
Thanks Heinrich, especially the young man part, nobody has called me that in a long time. Love your BN builds.

Hi Dean, Thanks for your compliment. I think that we’re both lucky, I haven’t got room to display any more models and this wasn’t the type that I would have bought anyway, but got to enjoy it. With this arrangement I get to build a veriety of models at no cost, I’ve already done a few for him and he has a few more in the pipeline, I get to choose from a selection of the ones that he likes, I think the next one that he wants is the ME 109 from Artisina Latina, an open frame made from photo etch, now there’s something different.
Ken, can I be your friend? I will send you a ship to build for me! ;)

Hi Dean, Nice thought but I think that one modelling friend at a time is more than enough. You’ll see other kits that I’ve made up for him in the finished models section, Victory, USS Hornet and Titanic, there are more mostly plastic but I haven’t shown them. I won’t live long enough to do all the models that he wants so you’ve no chance.

Hi Ken. Fantastic build. I'm currently building this model and basically just got all the frames assembled. My wife bought this kit for my 70th birthday as I have always drooled over these beautiful boats. My wife originally planned to take me to Lake Garda to have a trip on a real one but because of Covid that wasn't possible. Consequently she bought me this kit as a consolation with the motorising kit. I have found your explanations extremely helpful as I have never built a planked boat before and I want to achieve the same beautiful results as you have. As it is going to be put on the water any suggestions to making it totally waterproof will be greatly received. One day we hope we can have a ride on a real Aquarama! During lockdown I restored a 50 year old Vosper Fire Launch which I had built in my late teens.

Attachments

• Front of RAF Launch on the water.jpg
    Front of RAF Launch on the water.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Side of RAF Launch on the water.jpg
    Side of RAF Launch on the water.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 8
Back