Amerigo Vespucci - 1:84 Panart

Hello
I have now completed the Mizzen mast standing rigging.
Pictures below

View attachment 437547
View attachment 437548

Before progressing and installing the yards, I am now going to install the deck railing and the staircases.
Good afternoon Gilbert. Wow she is a grand ship. I will definitely build one as it is just such a good looking model to put on display. You have done an amazing job my friend. Cheers Grant

Good afternoon Gilbert. Wow she is a grand ship. I will definitely build one as it is just such a good looking model to put on display. You have done an amazing job my friend. Cheers Grant
Thanks Grant
I indeed like this ship
If you build her in the future, I recommend you get the Panart kit. I have seen quite many models built with the Occre kit and they are not as detailed as the 1/84 model from Panart

Hello Gilbertm
I still have a long way to go to get where you are on this model as I am still on book 2.
Perhaps you can help me with a question I have about the instructions:
On page 15 they say to paint a black on part 303 but this side is glued to the bulkheads and as far as I can tell will never be seen.
I have looked ahead through the rest of book two and book 3 but can see no purpose for this.
Am I missing something?
IMG_20240415_185538.jpg
P1020441.JPG

Hello Gilbertm
I still have a long way to go to get where you are on this model as I am still on book 2.
Perhaps you can help me with a question I have about the instructions:
On page 15 they say to paint a black on part 303 but this side is glued to the bulkheads and as far as I can tell will never be seen.
I have looked ahead through the rest of book two and book 3 but can see no purpose for this.
Am I missing something?
View attachment 441829
View attachment 441830
Hello Barcomad
I am not at home right now so I'll try to respond from what I can remember
I did look at the instructions that are available online and from the picture I took, I remember that I did not paint part 303 and 305 in black but rather in a gold/bronze color.

20230409_162538.jpg

Hope this helps
Cheers

Back