Bluenose by Liebre

Dear Henk. It is so great to see you back building again. Everything about your works looks to be the model of accuracy, but then, looking at your sub, one wouldn't expect anything else. Doe zo voort!Thumbsup

Dear Henk. It is so great to see you back building again. Everything about your works looks to be the model of accuracy, but then, looking at your sub, one wouldn't expect anything else. Doe zo voort!Thumbsup
Ha Heinrich,
Try to do something now and then, waiting for them to do something for you in the hospital is being pushed further and further back and more problematic due to the Covid situation in the Netherlands
Only Covid patients are still being treated
Work again on my sub, airbrusch and wood dust is a bad combination

Yesterday there was open day there, and I am going to watch
A training professional wooden boatbuilder is given there
for the Netherlands in the final, where they still do traditional work

in the post of Peter Voogt # 1098 listed Craftsmanship is Mastery

Here a few photos of the building and restoration of ships on a full scale showing craftsmanship

Last edited:
Hello Henk. This is simply wonderful. I am particularly impressed with the two pictures of the Caravage ( even though I have no knowledge about it). For you this is the perfect opportunity of obtaining a set of plans and/or drawings. as many photographs as you need and doing a scratchbuild of one of the subjects. What a wonderful resource you have!

Hello Heinrich

I've been there for a while, and talked to some people there, some knew the BN

And a few more photos

I signed up for a milling workshop, which will start when the Covid situation is below control

Spanten bouw 2.JPGSpanten bouw.JPG

Great opportunity to learn craftmanship 1:1 and use it on your 1:72 BN.
Nice pictures of a nice place.
Regards, Peter
For me there is nothing better than the smell of wood which these shop photos instantly brought forth. These traditional methods and results are a rare offering that you are able to take advantage of in the moment as well as for the future. How fortunate you are! Rich (PT-2)

Placing deck beams

(A little more sanding later :) )

And for the critical viewers ( Heinrich ?? ROTF )

The frames have run out of my mail and with the help of Peter this week behind I started gluing them in the mold from back to front
(I'm about halfway)

IMG_0584.JPG

Last edited:
Back