BLUENOSE by PIERO

Hello to everyone,

And finally she arrived! The FedEx guy rang the doorbell saying he was leaving a package outside. Luckily we are in a small town and we all know each other. If it had happened in Rome, in the time to go outside I would have found 10 of packages ...

Anyway, the package is intact and perfectly packaged. Inside, free to turn in the box, I found 7-8 small spheres of two different diameters. Everything is tightened very well so I don't know the reason for this freedom to do that. So I ask Heinrich for help to give them a ... home!

Now my excitement is such that my Master Chief Petty Office (she is the donor of the good for my Christmas) has decided to drink a Prosecco with some pretzels to greet the amazing arrival!

Only 7 days from China to my home ... Great job!

View attachment 279341View attachment 279342View attachment 279343View attachment 279340
And now start building, so I can follow you closely (instead of you following me).;)

In accordance with Heinrich's Sacred Scriptures and Peter's Gospels, I start from the keel and then climb slowly towards the topsides, assembling the various frames.

Must say that the wood is excellent and works very well! We will see the continuation of the work.
Then follow me next year always on these screens !!!

Greetings to all, hoping that 2022 is better than the sum of the previous two ...

20211231_122925.jpg

In accordance with Heinrich's Sacred Scriptures and Peter's Gospels, I start from the keel and then climb slowly towards the topsides, assembling the various frames.

Must say that the wood is excellent and works very well! We will see the continuation of the work.
Then follow me next year always on these screens !!!

Greetings to all, hoping that 2022 is better than the sum of the previous two ...

View attachment 279501
The first 8 parts released from their restraints. Another kazillion to go!

Hello everyone and Happy New Year to all of us!

Here I am starting the work that will bring BN #046 ended by the summer. This is my goal! I will pay everyone a drink if I fail ...

Well, the keel is finished without such worries as not to make me toast at midnight on the 31st!
20220101_174458.jpg

The structure for the keel is ready, so I start with the realization of the frames and I will do the # 1 then the # 25 and finally the # 49 in order to check if the assembly of the keel on the structure is done correctly.
IMG_20220102_100536_592.jpg
IMG_20220102_104156_701.jpg

I was amazed at how easy it is to read the manual in Chinese! I look at the figures and imagine what is written under the photo! Give it a try, it costs nothing ...
IMG_20220102_094622_669.jpg

So, go to work because time is running out! See you next time with new updates!

Friendliness

Further work progress today.

My Master Chief reminded me that today, Sunday, no one works but rests ...

In any case, having made the first 3 frames,

View attachment 280110View attachment 280111View attachment 280112

mounted on the base structure and positioned the keel obviously dry.

View attachment 280113View attachment 280114View attachment 280115

My boss is calling ... I have to go!

See you tomorrow.

Greetings
One thing is for sure, you are progressing an awful lot faster than I am; still working the keel assembly, lol

I was amazed at how easy it is to read the manual in Chinese! I look at the figures and imagine what is written under the photo! Give it a try, it costs nothing ...
Further work progress today.

My Master Chief reminded me that today, Sunday, no one works but rests ...

In any case, having made the first 3 frames,

View attachment 280110View attachment 280111View attachment 280112

mounted on the base structure and positioned the keel obviously dry.

View attachment 280113View attachment 280114View attachment 280115

My boss is calling ... I have to go!

See you tomorrow.

Greetings
That looks promising, Piero. Always nice to see the start of filling the keel.
Regards, Peter

Good morning everyone guys!

The activity continues with the assembly of the frames. Following the instructions and the steps of those who preceded me, for the assembly of the frames I verified that it is important that the first two pieces in contact with the keel are exactly aligned with each other otherwise the whole upper part goes out and does not resumes unless making disasters!

This is my way of proceeding.

20220104_091002.jpg20220104_091014.jpg

I got to mount the first 16 waiting for the bevels where needed.

20220104_122618.jpg

Updates to follow.

Sixteen frames already - you will have all the frames assembled in no time! Good going Piero.

Thanks Heinrich!

Keep in mind that from today and for 3 days (as happens every week) I am at my home in Italy, so I had to set up a double lab (not completely because some things I take with me), but from thursday I will still be in mine lab in ... the cave!

Back