BLUENOSE by PIERO

This just gives me associations with an old cartoon figure I used to love: Roadrunner ;)
You're moving fast, that's for sure.

Thanks Heinrich!

Keep in mind that from today and for 3 days (as happens every week) I am at my home in Italy, so I had to set up a double lab (not completely because some things I take with me), but from thursday I will still be in mine lab in ... the cave!
Hi Piero,
That looks very fine, and ........ by working on two locations, you have to make a good planning. Or have you on both location 'double' tools / equipment?
Regards, Peter

Hi Piero,
That looks very fine, and ........ by working on two locations, you have to make a good planning. Or have you on both location 'double' tools / equipment?
Regards, Peter

Thanks Peter (and if you don't know, I'll tell you: Piero is the Italian name for the English Peter !!!). But going back seriously, I have almost all the double tools! I take something with me, and keep in mind that I move between one State and another by public transport! Backpack and go! And if you want to know where I am, look at the flag under my photo/name on the left ....

Thanks Peter (and if you don't know, I'll tell you: Piero is the Italian name for the English Peter !!!). But going back seriously, I have almost all the double tools! I take something with me, and keep in mind that I move between one State and another by public transport! Backpack and go! And if you want to know where I am, look at the flag under my photo/name on the left ....
Yes Peter ....... I know ;):) .....and I had already noticed the double flags. That is where the country-question came from for in the BN list.
I would like to see the reaction of the customs authorities when you cross the border with the backpack full with knives, files etc etc. So double is better.
Regards, Piero

Yes Peter ....... I know ;):) .....and I had already noticed the double flags. That is where the country-question came from for in the BN list.
I would like to see the reaction of the customs authorities when you cross the border with the backpack full with knives, files etc etc. So double is better.
Regards, Piero

.... and I no longer understand, at this point, who you are talking/interacting with ...

Regards Peter ... no, Piero!

... Ugh !! Continue the work and, I must say, quite ... boring!

The realization of over 50 frames that repeats itself for hours if not days, depending on who and what you do (luckily I'm retired ...), forces you to the utmost precision thinking about what you need to achieve in the end.
But if you want to see the finished model, this phase must be done and, I must say, well done!

My "little" Cathedral

20220105_121504.jpg

Overview of my desk

20220105_121529.jpg

... the first 33 finished and now let's start with the sandpaper! With the others remaining, see you tomorrow ...

20220105_145204.jpg

See you the next times

Last edited:
Hello everyone and Happy New Year to all of us!

Here I am starting the work that will bring BN #046 ended by the summer. This is my goal! I will pay everyone a drink if I fail ...

Well, the keel is finished without such worries as not to make me toast at midnight on the 31st!
View attachment 279919

The structure for the keel is ready, so I start with the realization of the frames and I will do the # 1 then the # 25 and finally the # 49 in order to check if the assembly of the keel on the structure is done correctly.
View attachment 279920
View attachment 279922

I was amazed at how easy it is to read the manual in Chinese! I look at the figures and imagine what is written under the photo! Give it a try, it costs nothing ...
View attachment 279921

So, go to work because time is running out! See you next time with new updates!

Friendliness
Wow! Good luck with the deadline! Mine took about 8 months from start to finish. And I worked on it every day, but I am not retired. And of course I made many embellishments. Not as many as Peter! He will set the record for the most changed model of the POF Bluenose! ;)

... Ugh !! Continue the work and, I must say, quite ... boring!

The realization of over 50 frames that repeats itself for hours if not days, depending on who and what you do (luckily I'm retired ...), forces you to the utmost precision thinking about what you need to achieve in the end.
But if you want to see the finished model, this phase must be done and, I must say, well done!

My "little" Cathedral

View attachment 280672

Overview of my desk

View attachment 280673

... the first 33 finished and now let's start with the sandpaper! With the others remaining, see you tomorrow ...

View attachment 280680

See you the next times
Good to see the steady pace of making frames, Piero.
You have to get a certain mindset when working on the frames. But don't rush, because sometimes the grain of the wood is just not in the right direction. In terms of force that is applied to the frame when sanding.
Dean handled his time limit well. Hopefully you too regarding your goal. Think of it as a principle of time determination. In the Netherlands we (sometimes) say: Principles are there to deviate from.
Regards, Peter

Just posted something in the log of Johan. Like Dean and Henk also did. Nice to see you both are at almost the same stage. Then the ‘helping posts’ of us can been seen as ‘double postings’. But with the benefit: you can make good use of that to choose the method that suits you best.
Regards, Peter

Thanks Peter, I promise to follow your advice ...
I am very uncompromising about my work and if it doesn't come as I say, well I do and do it again until I'm satisfied!
This is my rule / law of life ... get the most out of your limits, but don't overdo it.

An old colleague of mine and teacher of life always told me a rule of life (which I made mine): "... there is a ladder in life, and to grow you have to climb it.
But if you can't understand which one is yours step you belong to, the next step will be going down and no longer going up ... "

All the Best!

That ladder is a nice metaphor. :)
You don't know what your limit is until you go over it. If you have built in a certainty that the consequences are not catastrophic, then it may fall under 'calculated risks'.
But my father said: 'What is not possible, has not yet been invented.'
I was also allowed to take all my toys apart ...... but it had to be put back together. No matter how long it takes.
That reminds me of my training many many years ago: disassembling my firearm in main parts for maintenance. What are those little things for? Can they be released too? Indeed..... completely apart.
It took me all night to get everything working again. The gun inspector complimented me a few days later on how neat and clean it looked. Mission accomplished! :)

Hi Piero - the ladder metaphor is certainly an interesting one that I have not heard of before. I must still think about it for a while to see whether I agree with it or not. On the one hand, it is a very realistic way of how life works, but on the other hand it also imposes limitations ;) (If I understand it correctly).

Hi Piero - the ladder metaphor is certainly an interesting one that I have not heard of before. I must still think about it for a while to see whether I agree with it or not. On the one hand, it is a very realistic way of how life works, but on the other hand it also imposes limitations ;) (If I understand it correctly).
I think the ladder metaphor is another way of saying, if you don’t know what you are capable of, then you will get in over your head…so to speak. Which is how many find their limitations.
However when I trained in martial arts, we were taught to always believe we could do something first, or you have already failed before you try! So if you feared an opponent, then you already lost in your mind!
So confidence is important. But, that only goes so far! My favorite saying is, a wise man knows what he doesn’t know! ;)

I think the ladder metaphor is another way of saying, if you don’t know what you are capable of, then you will get in over your head…so to speak. Which is how many find their limitations.
However when I trained in martial arts, we were taught to always believe we could do something first, or you have already failed before you try! So if you feared an opponent, then you already lost in your mind!
So confidence is important. But, that only goes so far! My favorite saying is, a wise man knows what he doesn’t know! ;)
One of my favorites by Einstein:
“Learning is the beginning of wealth. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins. The great breakthrough in your life comes when you realize it that you can learn anything you need to learn to accomplish any goal that you set for yourself. This means there are no limits on what you can be, have or do.”

Hello dear colleagues, continue the work of cleaning and beveling the frames in peace with the spirit ...

I tried to check if the 3 main frames ( 1, 25 and 49), once inserted in the jig, had problems of squaring. But only by lean them, the 90° are respected.

Continuing with the bevel ...

20220109_155409.jpg
20220109_155538-1.jpg20220108_111739.jpg

Last edited:
Back