BLUENOSE by PIERO

Thanks Heinrich, in fact I was thinking of gluing the final part of the frames directly to the template in order to have a more stable structure.

Testing the keel dry, it fits well on almost all frames.
The only thing I still have to do is to trim the inner piece to have access to the inside of the keel where all the other parts for the decks will be placed.

Ciao!!

Hi everyone!
In the end, after a couple of hours spent trying to engage the keel on the Cathedral, I took another route.

I made a support for the keel using scraps from other kits and I inserted the keel in order to have a solid base.

20220115_114534.jpg

I started to engage the various frames by measuring the distance between them starting from 49 to which I glued the stern part.

The distance measured between the frames at the height of the coupling on the jig is 7mm. Luckily I have some 7mm pear wood strips so as to have a regular spacing between all the frames.

20220115_113837.jpg20220115_114107.jpg20220115_113814.jpg

At this point I started and I hope to finish before the football match of my favorite team: LAZIO! The first team of the Capital of Italy (that IS NOT Roma FC of course)! The match will start at 6PM ...

20210927_084634.jpg

Good luck with the football match! Let us know the result! Your Bluenose looks great!

Always nice to see a personal approach. Looking forward how this goes on.
This impression looks good.
Regards, Peter

Thanks Peter, if you try hours to do just one thing ... but doesn't work, then you have to find another way to go over. Seems to be this method can go well but I've to put in much, much and again much attention that all works in the right way

Regards

Thanks Peter, if you try hours to do just one thing ... but doesn't work, then you have to find another way to go over. Seems to be this method can go well but I've to put in much, much and again much attention that all works in the right way

Regards
I like your approach.
As a matter of course you keep an eye on her curves at the top of the frames .......
The longitudinal planks naturally want to straighten them out at the beginning and end.
I suppose you use the inside oval of the jig to check it?

I like your approach.
As a matter of course you keep an eye on her curves at the top of the frames .......
The longitudinal planks naturally want to straighten them out at the beginning and end.
I suppose you use the inside oval of the jig to check it?

Yes Peter, you're right! Every a couple of frames I check if the curves are ok! Hope to finish to night after the match ....

Hi everyone!
This morning my M.C.P.O. said to me: "Today you don't work on the BN! Today we go on mountain footpaths ..." And so we left.

First step of about 300mt (difference in level) up to the Cima Pianca refuge.
20220116_104530.jpg

After another 100mt (dl) we crossed the border.
View attachment 20220116_111155.mp4

Walking on the footpath we saw some beautiful small animal ...
20220116_103525.jpg

Then we went up another 500m (dl) to the Pradecolo refuge where we ate typical products and enjoyed a beautiful view with Monte Rosa in the background.
20220116_115958.jpg

Now back home to get my hand on my beloved

Goodmorning everyone!

The carbon dust cleaning of the bridge beams is over !!! After hours of nice and exciting work I did it ....
As you can see from the photo, I repositioned the cleaned beams in their original housings because it would have been a problem to recognize them when they were used.
Now a little relaxation ... which is good for enthusiasm ...

Enjoy your time

20220121_075253.jpg

Goodmorning everyone!

The carbon dust cleaning of the bridge beams is over !!! After hours of nice and exciting work I did it ....
As you can see from the photo, I repositioned the cleaned beams in their original housings because it would have been a problem to recognize them when they were used.
Now a little relaxation ... which is good for enthusiasm ...

Enjoy your time

View attachment 284632
Good heavens! Now that's what's being called "progress".... How many people have you working on your build?

Back