BLUENOSE by PIERO

Update of April 29th

After spending a week in my old city (I was born in Rome ...), here I am again in my Swiss lab.

Completed all the rigging of the mainmast and the foremast for the starboard side. By rotating the jig I will make the shrouds for the port side.

As you can see, I left plenty of rope for the ride around the main and foremast supports and also .... for lovers of the Pythagorean rule !!

20220429_114344.jpg
20220429_143659.jpg
20220429_143715.jpg

To follow ...

As a complete illiterate when it comes to Maths, all this is way over my head! I can only rely on my eye and that tells me you are doing a great job! Thumbsup

This is rapidly becoming a very neat build. Your investment in time, patience and craftsmanship is definitely paying off.

The construction details are superb - and I just love your canoe!

Hello Mates,

Next Saturday we will leave for the 3 weeks of holidays on the island of Crete and then return on June 5th.

The current state of my BN is in the pic, but as I promised myself at the beginning of this project, I will finish it for June 20th, before the beginning of the summer!

20220512_165302.jpg
20220512_165405.jpg

The day after, I will start this other project that "catches" me a lot ...

p_1_3_9_3_1393-Santisima-Trinidad-Cross-Section-Kit.jpg

I will follow all your build logs from the beach!

Enjoy your time!!

You have done a beautiful job Piero, and the speed at which you are building is nothing short of amazing.

You have done a beautiful job Piero, and the speed at which you are building is nothing short of amazing.
Thanks Heinrich for your nice words!

When I finished my professional life, 5 years ago, I decided to start my hobby life full time. I work between 5-6 hrs a day with maximum satisfaction! Having spent my previous life around the military world, my modeling activity obviously suffered as well. I have built, and still build, everything that is mainly static scale modeling but I don't disdain "active" modeling!

A few more pics of my ... second life!

20220513_091325.jpg
20220513_091355.jpg20220513_091007.jpg20220513_091038.jpg

Thanks Heinrich for your nice words!

When I finished my professional life, 5 years ago, I decided to start my hobby life full time. I work between 5-6 hrs a day with maximum satisfaction! Having spent my previous life around the military world, my modeling activity obviously suffered as well. I have built, and still build, everything that is mainly static scale modeling but I don't disdain "active" modeling!

A few more pics of my ... second life!

View attachment 308207
View attachment 308208View attachment 308205View attachment 308210
Ah, the F35 STOVL, bringing back so many good memories...:cool:

For everyones that is building the 'Bluenose' or the 'Bluenose II' there are NOT available exact drawings of the schooner. I live in Canada and I have built on commission the so called "Bluenose II" that is currently in the waters in Nova Scotia. I had to do a lot of research in order to build the schooner. First of all the original 1921 Bluenose was a 'fishing' schooner, the Bluenose II that is in the waters in Lunenburg is a 'racing' schooner. I suggest to do some research. There are a lot of pictures of the current one and the only drawings available are sketches that are in storage in the Halifax archives. I will attach some photos of the model I had done on commission (I am a professional model maker) it took 12 months to build and it was delivered in march 2022.

IMG_0593_Moment.jpg

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

Thanks. By the way an important info on the BluenoseII that maybe is overlooked….the 2 anchors on the schooner are not the same, one is 750 lbs and the other is 1000 lbs. Big difference in size!!!
Massimo

Back