Bonhomme Richard - Pear Cross section kit (with scratch duplicate using alder) Unicorn Model

What's a bread oven without a bread "peel". Not sure which of the two below ways to display it I'll use but it will definitely be included.

20240712_124131.jpg

20240712_124104.jpg

Paul, for 3 weeks, we've been visiting the grandkids in Anacortes, so I have all the orders mailed there. We do have things mailed to campgrounds. You usually have to pick up at the campground office as the delivery services (Amazon, USPS, Fedex) deliver to fixed addresses, not mobile sites, where the visitors change daily.

Cannon rigging help.

This is the first time I'm trying to rig cannons. I am securing them in the stowed position.

Any advice on how to secure these bitter ends? I used a clove hitch around the barrel. Black line. The glue is still wet and I'm hoping the contrast will disappear...it is barely detectible with the naked eye. It seems like a lot of extra rope to secure those ends.

Maybe I should tie clove hitches around the line itself, at the end of the green line?

Any advice would be appreciated, as I have no experience rigging! Thanks in advance.

20240712_152346.jpg

The Shipyard Superintendent explains to Midshipman Newbie that he should have asked Seaman Brutis how to secure the cannon barrel to the top eyebolt!!
20240712_220854.jpg
Midshipman Newbie is going to have a steep learning curve if he thinks can do everything without the help and advice of his men!!

20240712_220758.jpg

Very good work on the breadoven - looking very good
Does somebody know, if the american keep the bread oven when they took over the ship from the french?

1721077566739.pngVery good work on the breadoven - looking very good
Does somebody know, if the american keep the bread oven when they took over the ship from the french?
According to Boudroit's drawings, it appears to be a metal oven/stove where the bread oven for the kit is. See photo below. He provides 4 different views of this oven in his drawings...definitely not brick.

20240712_111341.jpg
Previous post shows several pictures of how I modified the one that came in the kit.
1721077566305.png

Back