Build Log "CAF" HMS Enterprise

Finished the forecastle deck beams, started the planking, I am only going to plank the port side in order to show the detail below. A learning experience on the knees, and gunports. The accuracy and location of the gunports, as well as the forecastle deck beams, all play into weather the knees will line up on both sides of the gunports.

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

Has anyone heard from Tom at CAF? Im missing a few parts from my kit, and I have sent him a few emails over the last couple weeks with no response?
As I know from him, that he is very busy with moving his workshop / business to another location and other things.
I am pretty sure, that he will respond in short time...

Uwe, Thanks for the update on Tom!
As I know from him, that he is very busy with moving his workshop / business to another location and other things.
I am pretty sure, that he will respond in short time.

Finished planking the port side of the forecastle, going to leave starboard side unplanked.....just realized I used a different planking pattern than the main deck...........ugh!! Too Early for a beer!

IMG_1833.jpg

Finished planking the port side of the forecastle, going to leave starboard side unplanked.....just realized I used a different planking pattern than the main deck...........ugh!! Too Early for a beer!

View attachment 326444
Good morning Paul. Ahh, that must be frustrating. Totally agree to leave the starboard side unplanked. It is so good to see your lower deck detail. PS- never too early for a beer- as we say “the plane has flown over somewhere in the world” ;) . Cheers Grant

Good morning Paul. Ahh, that must be frustrating. Totally agree to leave the starboard side unplanked. It is so good to see your lower deck detail. PS- never too early for a beer- as we say “the plane has flown over somewhere in the world” ;) . Cheers Grant
Grant Thanks!!

Laying out the Quarter Deck Beams, Carling notches and Char taken off, Knees laid out. Main Deck Guns with full tackles ready to go, rest of deck furniture coming along. Will lay guns and furniture on the main deck next, then start laying quarter deck, deck beams

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022-1.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

Sorry Paolo 132, I don't think the knitting blocks are so two pulleys, see in the manual how it is, Frank
Frank, thankyou for the feedback, not exactly sure what youre referring too. If its the gun tackle blocks, The CAF plan shows a double block pulley, and Antscherl's HMS Swan Class Sloops show single pulleys for 9 pounders, which is what Enterprise Carried. I used single blocks under the foredeck, but them changed to doubles to follow the CAF plan. Any other input from the modellers is appreciated, so I can get this correct. Thanks

IMG_2028.jpg
IMG_2029.jpg

Frank, thankyou for the feedback, not exactly sure what youre referring too. If its the gun tackle blocks, The CAF plan shows a double block pulley, and Antscherl's HMS Swan Class Sloops show single pulleys for 9 pounders, which is what Enterprise Carried. I used single blocks under the foredeck, but them changed to doubles to follow the CAF plan. Any other input from the modellers is appreciated, so I can get this correct. Thanks

View attachment 339655
View attachment 339657
Good morning Paul 132, sorry if I gave my version on the blocks, I attach image for clarity (wrong translation), Thanks, Frank

IMG_2028.jpg

Back