DocBlake's HMS Blandford Cross Section Build - 1/32 Scale - [COMPLETED BUILD]

Great model and a very detailed and informative build log which has been a pleasure to follow. On to the next one, eh?!
When I build I continually learn and if you had to put your finger on one thing from this latest build what would it be?

I thought I better post something so you all know I'm still here!

I finally trimmed the top of the bulwarks to their finished length. I also used a little wood putty (I used a Dremel sanding drum for rough shaping) to fill in a few boo-boos, then sanded everything smooth. I just epoxied beam 2 of the main deck in place. Next upView attachment 104088View attachment 104089View attachment 104090
Doc. I noticed you removed the sides of build jig. When and why? I am years behind your build and learning a lot form watching it

After the footwaling and spacers were installed, the model is sturdy enough to remove the jig sides. It makes working on the decks much easier with the jig sides out of the way.

I just returned from Manitowoc WI where I attended the The 45th annual Model Ships and Boats Contest. I entered two models: The British Capstan circa 1777 and the HMS Blandford cross section. The Blandford is a group build here at SOS. I'm pleased to report that each model won a Gold Award! Thanks to Mike Rohrer (Mike41) for his excellent plans for Blandford and to Mike Shanks for his help with both models!

Manitowoc 2022.jpg

Wow. Congratulations. Well done.

Well done, and I would have expected nothing less for you, based on the quality we see in your builds.

Congratulation on both awards, and the models which won them.

Back