Dr. Y Bluenose [COMPLETED BUILD]

Finally, a few photos of complete project. I just have to check everything, touch up here and there, and secure the ship on the stand. This ship is going to my daughter, who is a rock star school teacher. I really enjoyed this build and I am so grateful for everyone's support and encouragement. It is imperfect at best and not up to the level of many others, but it is my best so far, and hope to continue to learn and improve. Not sure what my next will be or when, but likely will find another project. I am sure it will happen soon enough. My sincere thanks to all of you who have helped me so much. I will be following your activities with awe and appreciation. PhilIMG_1121.JPGIMG_1120.JPGIMG_1119.JPGIMG_1118.JPG. I am sure it will happen soon enough. So my many thanks to all of you who have helped me so much. I will be following your activities with awe and appreciation. Phil

Hi Phil. From my side a bleated WELCOME to the Groups Build section. It is wonderful that you have started your log and you will see that the advice and support that you receive from everyone is unique. You have done a fine job until now - heed the suggestions already passed on to you and all will be well.
Heinrich,
I'd like to private message you about a kite would you mind?
Thanks,
Steviedean

Finally, a few photos of complete project. I just have to check everything, touch up here and there, and secure the ship on the stand. This ship is going to my daughter, who is a rock star school teacher. I really enjoyed this build and I am so grateful for everyone's support and encouragement. It is imperfect at best and not up to the level of many others, but it is my best so far, and hope to continue to learn and improve. Not sure what my next will be or when, but likely will find another project. I am sure it will happen soon enough. My sincere thanks to all of you who have helped me so much. I will be following your activities with awe and appreciation. PhilView attachment 320889View attachment 320890View attachment 320891View attachment 320892. I am sure it will happen soon enough. So my many thanks to all of you who have helped me so much. I will be following your activities with awe and appreciation. Phil
Hi Phil. You have made a wonderful Bluenose. :)
I'm sure your daughter will be very happy with this beauty. :)
And the support has turned out beautiful.

I suppose you have taken more pictures? I am sure that Donnie @Donnie will ad your BN to the gallery of Completed Builds.
Regards, Peter

Hi Peter. Thank you so much for your comments and all of your support. I will continue to follow your build. My abilities do not approach what you do, but I have learned a great deal observing you. Being in this group build was very helpful to me and I credit you a lot.
Thank you again. Phil

My dear Phil - my heartiest congratulations on completing your beautiful Bluenose. Show me a "perfect" model ship, and I will show you one that has not been made by hand. I am sure that your daughter will appreciate Bluenose very much and that it will be "piece de resistance" wherever she chooses to display it. Once more, well done! Thumbsup

Hello Heinrich,
Many thanks for your continued support. I am happy that my daughter wanted to have this ship. To me the joy is in the journey, yet I will be able to see it anytime I visit. Ships of Scale members have been extremely warm and helpful which I very much appreciate.
Best, Phil

Finally, a few photos of complete project. I just have to check everything, touch up here and there, and secure the ship on the stand. This ship is going to my daughter, who is a rock star school teacher. I really enjoyed this build and I am so grateful for everyone's support and encouragement. It is imperfect at best and not up to the level of many others, but it is my best so far, and hope to continue to learn and improve. Not sure what my next will be or when, but likely will find another project. I am sure it will happen soon enough. My sincere thanks to all of you who have helped me so much. I will be following your activities with awe and appreciation. PhilView attachment 320889View attachment 320890View attachment 320891View attachment 320892. I am sure it will happen soon enough. So my many thanks to all of you who have helped me so much. I will be following your activities with awe and appreciation. Phil
Hello Phil,
Anyone completing the build of any model has undertaken a journey of which he didn't know what the outcome would be. What I do know is that for quite a few of us the journey is a learning experience, expanding our capabilities and showing us our limitations.
My compliments with your achievements.
Johan

Thank you Johan,
I admire your work. the lights are very creative and the wood finishes are really rich and attractive. I will continue to follow.
Best wishes, Phil

Thank you Johan,
I admire your work. the lights are very creative and the wood finishes are really rich and attractive. I will continue to follow.
Best wishes, Phil
Thank you so much for your kind words, Phil.
I feel like I'm just wandering and stumbling through the world of modeling and I feel like a kid on his birthday when the lights do work...

Last edited:
I am about to start the Bluenose build and have been looking through some of these, for a first build you have made good job but I think you should have started with a model a bit less challenging, I hope it hasn't put you off. My first build was Scottish Maid, a small but very nice model, and quite an easy build, with no ribs to assemble, which seems to be where most of your problems came from. Still the finish looks great and you got there in the end.

Thanks Paul. This wasn’t my first build but it was my first POF. I appreciate your attention and compliments on the result. Good luck with your build. Phil

Back