Dr. Y Bluenose [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Johan. Others have made the same comment. I used them out of the box, and I do find it a little different that this model kit does not seem to require tapering (unless I have it wrong). In any event, though they may not be historically accurate the masts and spars look OK to my untrained eyes. Thanks to you and Heinrich for encouraging comments. they are very much appreciated.
Phil

Here are photos of more rigging and overall status. Probably mount and rig the gaffs next. Aware that there is some cleaning up to do.
That is all for now. Hope to return when there is more progress. Back to happy modeling. Sorry for any confusion or duplication. Best wishes to all.View attachment 313387View attachment 313388View attachment 313389View attachment 313390View attachment 313393View attachment 313394View attachment 313395View attachment 313395
Hi Phil. You made some great steps with the masts, booms and rigging. Nice to see her growing in all the dimensions.
Regards, Peter

Hello fellow modelers. I have been watching this group build and have learned a great deal. Not the least of which have been my own lack of talent and experience.
All of you have been very generous sharing your explanations and photos. I am taking a bit of a plunge to share some of my photos beginning the bluenose which is my first POF model. I definitely have some significant shortcomings, and welcome any constructive criticism. Have been working about five or six weeks now and certainly welcome any suggestions.
Hallo @pay2700
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi Johan. Others have made the same comment. I used them out of the box, and I do find it a little different that this model kit does not seem to require tapering (unless I have it wrong). In any event, though they may not be historically accurate the masts and spars look OK to my untrained eyes. Thanks to you and Heinrich for encouraging comments. they are very much appreciated.
Phil
Many thanks to all for the Birthday wishes. At age 85 I had four grandchildren, four children, and the Captain (wife) with me. It was joyful. Very unusual in my family history to reach this age and I am very grateful for many things. I am making excellent progress and will post some photos soon on my Bluenose, getting close to port.
Best wishes to my fellow modelers.

Hello to everyone who might look at this update. I have been working on the rigging and I can see "Land Ho" will be coming along soon. Photos below will show my progress. It is far from done and you will see some loose ends, which I am leaving for possible late adjustments if needed. The loose ends will be trimmed when I add the rope hanks as the last step prior to any other late corrections. IMG_1090.JPGIMG_1087.JPGIMG_1085.JPGIMG_1083.JPGIMG_1081.JPG

Hello Phi,
You are awfully close to the finish line! What an achievement, something you can be proud of.
Standing and running rigging almost complete, just a few ratlines and you can show off a completed POF Bluenose. Thumbsup

Thank you Johan. I have been following your build with interest, and your creativity is admirable. I am thinking of modifying the display stand, and would like some thoughts, suggestions. I am not crazy about the pedestals provided in the kit. Just starting to think about using my countour guide to cut out some supports, but trying to decide. I have a little time to explore options.

Thank you Peter. I have seen Dean's stand as well and was thinking of something like that w some minor modification. You have been very supportive, I appreciate your attention, have learned a lot from your log, and admire your work which is very advanced.

Thank you Peter. I have seen Dean's stand as well and was thinking of something like that w some minor modification. You have been very supportive, I appreciate your attention, have learned a lot from your log, and admire your work which is very advanced.
It is always great to me to see another Bluenose nearing the finish line. You can be so happy with how she has turned out - a build very well done! Thumbsup

Looking forward to see them installed on the ship!

Back