Esping in 1:64 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thank you, everyone, for the likes and encouraging comments.

For my next task I moved to the outside of the hull. The Vasa esping came complete with bumpers (or at least that's what I'm calling them)! Here they are on the real boat:

158.jpg

My rendition came out like this:

IMG_8994.JPG

IMG_8995.JPG

IMG_8997.JPG

Next, I took on the seating area at the very stern of the boat. First, I had to install the most aft seat (carefully notched to receive some boards).

IMG_8991.JPG

Here you can see the installed seat brackets:

IMG_9008.JPG

Forming/fitting the stern seating area was just plain HARD. It's not my best result, but it took a heroic effort just to get this...

IMG_9002.JPG

IMG_9004.JPG

IMG_9000.JPG

Next up - the same thing in the bow (only not a horseshoe this time!!!).

For my next task I moved to the outside of the hull. The Vasa esping came complete with bumpers (or at least that's what I'm calling them)! Here they are on the real boat:

View attachment 344738

View attachment 344740

View attachment 344741

View attachment 344742

Next, I took on the seating area at the very stern of the boat. First, I had to install the most aft seat (carefully notched to receive some boards).

View attachment 344739

View attachment 344746

Forming/fitting the stern seating area was just plain HARD. It's not my best result, but it took a heroic effort just to get this...

View attachment 344744

View attachment 344745

View attachment 344743

Holy Cow, Paul! That boat is fantastic!

View attachment 344738

View attachment 344740

View attachment 344741

View attachment 344742

View attachment 344739

View attachment 344746

View attachment 344744

View attachment 344745

View attachment 344743

Heroic? Possibly. Very nicely done, nevertheless.

View attachment 344738

View attachment 344740

View attachment 344741

View attachment 344742

View attachment 344739

View attachment 344746

View attachment 344744

View attachment 344745

View attachment 344743

Hi Paul,
Fantastic work.
It looks to me like you are really enjoying making this little boat.

Paul, are you going to make a tiny esping to display next to your Wasa?
You're looking at it. Recently I have begun to suspect that something is off on the scale: either the mother ship is smaller than advertised, or I got something wrong scaling the drawings to the known size of the esping.

For all the research I do I still manage to make mistakes...guess my wife has been right about me all along...:confused:.

Back